So... my mom raided my room today.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TheOMFGNinja, May 24, 2006.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

haha, that would be funny. what if he found like 84 kilos of coke under her bed or something!? that bitch would be BUSTED!!!

2. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

just lick her dildo

3. Aahaha i love this topic

4. TheOMFGNinja

TheOMFGNinja Member

well, thing is. It is sad that I am currently living with my mom, but I havent been living here this whole time, I have been on my own, off an on, and living with others for several years, its just, tough times so I came back here.
    And honestly, its a nice house, free food, I get to be with my pets (my lovely doggie and kitty) and its not THAT bad living here, its just bullshit like this that gets me upset.

Thing is, she threw out my Gin, but there has never been a no drinking rule. In fact, she drinks, and has her own alchohol here.

Ive talked to my mom since then, and all the stuff is gone, 100%, and im never getting it back. Oh well.

I got a new bong tho. I know a head-shop out here that sells slightly cracked glass bongs for like $20, so I picked one up. Its nice, but its temporary, cause I know the thing will eventualy break. But I figure, by the time I get outa here, ill beable to afford a really nice bong, and thats when ill get one (cause the last thing I need is to get a brand new $300 bong raided from me)

Thing is tho.... its very expensive to move out.

And sure, I could do it, but I dont wanna have to move to a poor part of town. Cause out here in Cali the "poor" parts can be crazy dangerous.
    So, rather than spending alot of money to move into a worse part of town, it just makes sense to put up with the raids and live here.

Thing is tho, she didnt even find close to half my stuff. She didnt find my hookah (Id be pissed if she found that, that thing was crazy expensive!), any of my herb (theres alot of it here), my Steamroller, or any of my other pipes, my Kief box, either of my grinders, etc....

It coulda been ALOT worse. That bong I had was only $60 (but it was such a nice bong for $60!!!) so its not like it was a total loss.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

just make a bong jees and use the money to pay rent

6. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

What's rent in L.A.? LIke, $1,500 for a one-room?

Add on to that, minimum wage is probably only $5.25 there. Yeah, moving out could be pretty expensive.

Here's the thing, though, man... Are you paying rent where you're at? Or is she? If you're not even chipping any money in, it's her house; she can raid your room however much she wants.

Why don't you explain to her you're willing to pay her some rent, if she would agree to respect your privacy.

7. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

Move to a poor part of town and buy a gun.

8. TheOMFGNinja

TheOMFGNinja Member

thing is, I do computer repair and other stuff, so I CAN make more money than just minimum. And yeah, $1,500 for a 1 bedroom, would be a nice find in LA. You might beable to find that in the valley in a decent part of town. But thats the valley, and I dont really like the valley.
    Its just stupid expensive. And having my bong thrown out isnt the end of the world, its just a big pain in the ass.

It sounds good. But my mom isnt quite all there I think. Even if she said she would respect my privacy, she still wouldnt. Because according to her, she does respect my privacy, but then does things like open up my mail.
    And even tho I said... "Look, dont open my mail."
    she still says "Oh, its okay, dont worry about it"
    and even tho I did point out "Techinicaly, its illegal, and all the time you take my mail somewhere by accident, then I dont get it, and just leave my mail alone, please"

she still does it.

Seriously tho, I stil have a dope smoking setup, so its okay.

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

bull fucking shit you cant find somewhere to live under 1500$ a month, thats total fucking crap, dont make me dig through real estate websites to prove u wrong

Vancouver, which overall is listed as HIGHER pricing condos and overall living downtown then downtown LA, has like spacious 1 bed rooms, right in the heart of downtown for 1200$ a month, in like a Baller area

your saying u cant find a 1 bed room basement suite, even next door to your stupid moms place for under 1500? give me a break.

and dont complain about this bullshit if your just lazy, which clearly u are, i'm a full time student paying 900$ a month living downtown vancouver, so clearly u are just stupid, or not working hard enough

10. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

bull fucking shit you cant find somewhere to live under 1500$ a month, thats total fucking crap, dont make me dig through real estate websites to prove u wrong

Vancouver, which overall is listed as HIGHER pricing condos and overall living downtown then downtown LA, has like spacious 1 bed rooms, right in the heart of downtown for 1200$ a month, in like a Baller area

your saying u cant find a 1 bed room basement suite, even next door to your stupid moms place for under 1500? give me a break.

and dont complain about this bullshit if your just lazy, which clearly u are, i'm a full time student paying 900$ a month living downtown vancouver, so clearly u are just stupid, or not working hard enough

11. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

One suggestion for finding affordable housing - roommate.

Yeah, its a hassle, but at least you are social equals, unlike you and your mom.

It will take years for your mom to see you as grown up. (No matter where you live.) My mom still reminds me to do my laundry etc. I was much older than 25 when she realized that such reminders are unnessesary. (It took me almost as long to realize that she was caring about me rather than trying to run my life.)

If you want to be treated like an adult at home, move out of your mom's house.

As I said - roommate.

12. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Actually, I dont give a shit what you think! I couldnt afford to move out even if I wanted too. I work part time, study full time, have no days off and dont have time to scratch my arse. I earn less money than welfare (which I am not elegible to recieve) here which means I get about $130 per week, add on the Howard government's new "work Choices" meaning no job security, fewer full time jobs, most jobs are casual which means no sick leave, no annual leave.

Consider that cheap share accomodation, without being so far away from where I travel that it takes more than 2 hours to get there (because i cannot afford to run a car) is at least $100 p.w, thats $30 left over, for what.... food which is at least 20 a week on a good week, and $10 for bill, fuck off, there is no way i could afford to move out!
    and then, on top of that, a trip to the doctors costs at least $20 just for the gap, andnow most surgeries are pressuring the payment of the full fee upfront, meaning a trip to the gp could potentially cost $45 - 60

so saying that anyone can afford it is complete utter bullshit

13. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

RetroGroove,

Whoa, please. I was just trying to help a brother out with some advice about rent and parents. Nothing I wrote was intended to critisize your lifestyle. I'm sure that you made your choices for good reasons and didn't need (or ask for) my opinion.

14. RetroGroove_Grrl

not you, the dude before you, sorry for the mix up... :D *big hug*

15. Barefootsun

Barefootsun Member

wow just move up here in Washingtion min is almost $8.00 hr and rent is $6oo EZ
    jobs are EZ i have one that i get payed 8.00 at a nursery&landscaping and on weekends i make $15 hr doing Landscaping i could swich over to the 15 EZ but i learn
    so much and the Nursery its like college so thats all i got to say peace out

Barefoot

16. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

well retrogroove girl, my whole post wasnt even directed towards you, but dont blame your shitty government on making u pay 20$ every time u need birth control pills

as i said in my first post, I also study full time, own a car AND pay rent, working nights and weekends, And i have a side company i run on my own

make some moves in this world, cause it sounds like your fallign behind already.

17. RetroGroove_Grrl

dont blame my governemnt for having legislation that I cant change? ha! I've only been elegible to vote for 2 years and in those two years there has been one election in which I voted AGAINST my governement, why shouldn't I blame them, its their goddamn fault. Its also their fault that you are considered dependent on your parents until your 25, which means that any welfare you may be elegible for is based on THEIR income.

I am aware your post wasnt directed towards me, but that doesnt mean it wasnt a complete load of cow shit. Not everyone is as lucky as you.

You strike me as the sort of person who would say "Oh those people starving in Africa are just lazy"

18. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

the only advantage i ever had in life was being born in Canada.

Although my family is fairly well off, i've never had anything handed to me, i've worked HARD for everything i have, made connections, and moves to move up, got good grades in order to get into a good post-secondary school, and worked my ASS OFF to afford my condo, some people may say that i'm all about material objects, but thats what brings me happiness and security.

i'm not really all that clear on your postition because i have no real knowledge on the labour laws and issues in the states, but from the sound of it, it's quite understandable to be in the position u are in because of school.

the original author of this thread though has no excuse, as a stay at home pot head, motivation is all that is lacking.

19. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

I was thinking that too, cost of living up here is way low. You can get a decent one room apartment where i live for like 600 and a 2 bedroom for 700. One good thing about living up here. Well, that and the great weed.