So my boy says that loperamide+omeprazole will get you fucked up?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by -beatnick, Nov 23, 2010.

1. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

Anyone try this? Supposedly loperamide doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier unless its got something else to help it do so such as omeprazole. Both which are over the counter. He said he took 40mgs of loperamide and 20mgs of omeprazole and was pretty lifted.

He said he took 90mgs of the loperamide, the 20mgs of omeprazole and smoked and said he nodded out even a bit. It also lasts like a whole day according to him. And despite loperamide being an anti-diarrhea medicine he said you shit fine the next day. Compared to to Methadone even.

So anyone else ever try this or know anything about it? This seems it would be great for some addicts. And he said he is withdrawing off it a little bit because he did it a lot but its not that bad so he says.

EDIT: holy shit, 2,000 posts! its been a long fucking time lol, 3 1/2 years. ah, the memories of the old users on the stoners lounge and shit lol. damn time goes by.

2. scottd420

scottd420 Member

I'd call bullshit on this one, man. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor in the stomach, I definitely can't see this carrying loperamide across the BBB. I think he is either fucking with you, or he is fooling himself; I'd just go spend those bucks on some opies that are euphoric/kill pain.

3. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

um, well if you did any research it actually says that on both wikipedia's pages, and i know wikipedia isnt the final word but its usually pretty damn reliable. he wouldnt have any reason to lie to me about it anyway.

4. 3head

3head Member

man i wouldnt call bullshit, i have heard of alot of otc drugs you would never think of taking to get high, getting you high as a kite if you take enough. Only thing to do my friend, is either try it, or take your friends word for it. Either way it sounds interesting.

5. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

6. scottd420

scottd420 Member

Sorry guys, I guess I worded my expression the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, it's a very beneficial drug, but I was just talking about the omeprazole somehow binding to loperamide and making it more lipophilic allowing rapid crossing of the BBB, and getting you high. You're right about wikipedia, I'm just curious of the pharmacology of it so I know how it works.
    Loperamide is definitely a great tool, but sometimes I take it for granted that where I live, we have over the counter codeine products. So, those are usually a good choice after a nice slow taper from the DOC.
    Again, my apology, I definitely didn't mean to sound harsh at all, if anything I'd question the other dude over you, OP.

7. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

its all good scottd, and yea, the guy in the opiophile thread said it was like the poor man's methadone. which sounds interesting.

idk, i haven't been doing opiates much lately, mostly just trippin and seldom rolling but its nice to know shit you can get at walgreens will get you fucked up.

too bad all i knew about was dxm back in the day when i'd steal OTCs lo.

8. 3head

3head Member

haha i myself hit the triple cs a few times back in the childish days lol

9. -steve-

-steve- Member

It works I can confirm this. I use tonic water grapefruit juice and dxm to potentiate it, Eat about 70 lopes. I cant recommend anyone try it though not sure if its actually safe.

10. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I've used it before to help with wd's, and it did help somewhat. I take 20mg of Omeprazole anyway every day for acid reflux. I was only taking 8 Imodium AD's per day, which is only 16mg. I didn't get high from it, and it only took the edge off the wd's. I still had RLS and all that other shit. 40mg per day would be 80 tablets. That sounds expensive to me. Anyway, I've done some research on this and read about various combinations of things that help Loperamide cross the blood-brain barrier, and they all seem to involve things like Omeprazole, grapefruit juice, DXM and very high doses of Loperamide (150mg in one case). Some people swear by it. I've never tried it. That's a lot of Imodium, and even the generic versions would be expensive in those amounts. I just get by on prescribed Tramadol and sometimes Gabapentin. They work perfectly.