So I've Got This Lump In My Arm....

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by weallhumalong, Jan 26, 2009.

1. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

its in the crook of my right elbow.. just above where the two veins meet and start to head up toward the bicep. ive only shot in that spot a couple of times because its easy for me to miss, but i shoot in the veins right below it and im just wondering what caused this and if its a cause for concern. I've heard about getting lumps from Tar or Pills, but I've never done tar and never made it a habit to shoot pills so im kinda confused. Any Thoughts?

EDIT: also, the big vein the the crook of my left elbow has been kinda fucked for a little bit now. IT still comes out but everytime i hit it, it hurts and gets bruised, and even though i register and am in the vein, i always feel the shot going in and it always at least partially misses. so im wondering, is this vein just full of holes that arent gonna fix themselves or whats the deal?

2. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

from what i've read on shooting... probably just an abcess. wait a few days.

but come on man, sticking isn't the way to go.

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

^^^ technically it is if you're lookin for the best bang for your buck

4. caucasian

caucasian Guest

im going to take this as a real question, not a scene from requiem for a dream. what you could possibly have is an abscess which could kill you or just go away with proper care. If you notice a hard warm lump
    developing and can’t see a doctor, put a warm
    compress on it at least 3 times a day, this will
    bring blood to the area and will make it go
    away or it will soften and fill up with pus.
    Also keep the abscess clean with soap and
    water. It may drain by itself but if you
    choose to drain it yourself, ONLY USE A
    CLEAN NEEDLE to poke it with. The pus
    should come out easily, never squeeze it
    because it will spread the infection. If you
    are able to, put a dry bandage over it and
    keep it clean. If you get a fever, chills,
    extreme fatigue or pain that is related to
    the abscess, you may have a blood infection -
    you probably need medical attention for this.
    Some infections need anti-biotics to be
    cleared up.

5. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

not when you pay 1000s and spend time in the hospital which is very possible.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

yea.. but you know anyone who is banging is not coming to these forums for an intervention..

7. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

thanks caucasian..i just put on a warm compress hopefully it helps. From what I've seen of abscesses they are on top of the skin and you can see an infection..this is just a hard lump lying below the skin. maybe a precurser?

and uh, beatnick...doing h in the first place isn't really the way to go but thanks for the advice

8. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

also, i know this may be a dumb question, but should i avoid shooting near the lump? what about above it? I'm worried that by shooting below it the dope will get stuck in it or something...i dunno.

9. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This kinda sounds like a collapsed vein, I have never used drugs in the IV form but have had many vials of blood taken and had a saline drip a time or two at the hospital. If this is the case the lump will eventually disappear. But I would still keep an eye on it cause an abscess is always a possibility.

10. Natas666

Natas666 Member

Any way to post a pic? Maybe helpful

11. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

honestly you can barely see it by just looking at it...maybe a slightly detectable lump if you look at the profile of my arm the right way...i just feel it under my skin

12. Burnt

How long was it after injecting that you noticed the lump?

13. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

well yea doing h isn't the way to go, but i mean banging is the riskiest way to do it.

14. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

not long after because i missed the shot so at first it just seemed like the normal lump thats there when you miss. now it seems more concentrated and it feels kinda gross

15. Burnt

Just keep an eye on it it, if the lump seems to get bigger, painful or inflamed find a way to treat it properly or go to a doctor ASAP.

16. Burnt

If it feels warm to the touch or feels tender and painful it might be a issue.

17. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Is it still there?

18. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

yeah but its the same as it was..no better no worse. im inclined to think its not an abscess because its not red or swollen really and its not getting any worse. it just feels like a little nub under my skin..if you will
    im gonna keep putting a warm compress on it and just hope it goes away in time

19. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

....i got a similar thing when the nurse missed my arm with a vaccination needle, it hurt like hell and was lumpy and gross for a week but then slowly subsided....it still hurt for a bit after thou.

20. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Could it be the result of a missed shot, and the residue is what is causing the buildup?

I know you were on Suboxone, so maybe you missed more then you thought, since you didn't get high regardless...