so... its begun!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 31, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

well, its begun! i have began to phase meat outta my diet... ive phased out red meat.... but i think its going to be a while for chicken... because thats the ONE MEAT i REALLY LOVE... but, i hate to hear of those damn chickens never getting to turn around their entire life... so im gunna slowly try and phase chicken out.. so.. wish me luck! any pointers, comments, or tips?

2. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

Misc. pointers and comments:

Go to one of those markets where there are seperate meat and produce venders (by yourself). Look at the meat counters very carefully, then turn and look at the produce stands, then look back at the meat counters. Also walk by a place that sells raw chicken and inhale deeply through the nose.

Let us know when you're fully veg so we can send you your veggie badge. Also: yay!

3. MountainGirlie

MountainGirlie Member

Go to Peta.org and read up on some naaaasty stuff about chicken...and well meat in general. Some of their info is a bit intense but it gets the point across. I've been a veg for as long as I can remember, and I recently tried to start eating chicken (for protein reasons) and man...I can tell you that after reading/seeing some stuff....thats never happening again

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Totally ditto :)

cok.net has a really great vegetarian starter kit. Loads of helpful info on practical everything.

5. Neonate

Neonate Member

hih :) its nice to see people turning vegetarian/vegan :) i've been a vegetarian for about half a year now and its one of the best things i've ever done in my life :) the animals cant say thank you so im gonna say it for them :) Thank you!

6. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Buy happy chickens chicken. I live near a farm, those silly chickens are wandering everywhere. So im all for eating them, they have had a good life, created chicks and without the need to be eaten wouldn't exist, so i feel im happy to eat them. But i do agree, i don't eat much in the way of meat unless i know how it was killed. not a vegi, but i agree with the pricipal....i love prawns and chicken tooooo much!

7. minjeig

minjeig Member

there's some really reaaallly good fake chicken out there too. i had this stuff at my friends house once... i think it was called mamo's (i could have that WAY off...) but they were drumstick shaped and tasted like chicken. also yves does some great meatless cutlets that are chickeny. good luck in the veggi-dom!

8. peacelovebarefeet

thanks everyone!!

ughhh mom's making SLOPPY JOES for dinner.... oh well.. i just made myself a tasty tomato, swiss & cheddar cheese, mayo, lettece, and avacado sandwich... mmmm!

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

tvp makes awesome sloppy joes, FYI

10. peacelovebarefeet

thanks drumminmama!