So I'm in amsterdam.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by CircaX43521, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I want to go

2. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Not a dilemna at all my friend, in Euroland everything's nice and close together, people tend not to rely on cars very much.. In Amsterdam of all places you can't go to a lot of the cool bits in cars (because the streets are too small for cars) and there's not a lot of parking space anywhere in the city. The only way to really get around is [​IMG]

or tram or on foot. In central Amsterdam everything's never more than about an hour walk away and as a tourist there's not much outside central you'll want to see, plus the city's pretty beautiful so walking around is a great way to experience it. And there's no hills in Amsterdam!

Correct. If you're under 18 you're a dick if you go into a coffeeshop, basically. You are jeopardising their licence- police in Amsterdam often check up on coffeeshops to make sure there are no hard drugs, underagers or too much stock on the premises. If they find any of these the coffeeshop will be in a lot of trouble and seeing as they don't grant licenses to open them any more, every one closed is lost for good. Wait till you're 18.

Going back in just under a month to see a friend, he lives in a pretty shitty area though but I haven't seen him since January so it should be good, I'll take some pics and post them...

First stop: Tweede Kamer every time for the Rifman hashish, great vibe and menu same as Dampkring (weed here, hash here) but I prefer the atmosphere, as the pics show and from the last time I was there in July they've got rid of all the Hydro options on the menu, good shit.

3. bthizle1

bthizle1 Member

When I was there I was never carded (granted I was 18, but could easily have looked 17) Unless you clearly look under 18 (I mean like 15 or so...) then I doubt they will card you. I never saw a single person have to show their ID, and I went in to so many different coffee shops.

Oh, I've got a recommendation for you too, in terms of a very chill coffee shop. Go to the red light district (it's just that long street....easy to find, plus you'll see the window girls). It's on the west side of the bank (there's that little stream) so if you're walking down the street it's going to be on your right. It's bright red, green, yellow and black. The owner is really chill, you can hang there for as long as you like and they've got a lot to say...I bought like 3 fat spliffs there and just talked with them for almost half a day. Very funny, intelligent and good spirited folk....

4. Videoslave

Videoslave Member

I guess checking for ID depends on how high the owner is.

I herd that smoking ciggerattes in shops is banned is this ture? I think thats somwhat hippicritical but my guess is becuase they consider nicotine a hard drug witch it is addictive like one but dosent mess you up like crack or meth.

5. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

lol its not because they consider nicotine a hard drug its because theres a european ban on smoking in pubs, bars restaurants and any public buisnesses like that...also banned in the work place.
    just to make the air cleaner for everyone really

6. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

Cigs inside are pretty dirty imo... Im glad ppl cant smoke inside most places now

7. Nugzofdachron

Nugzofdachron Member

Bust in and take all their nugs

8. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

Banning ciggarrettes is a big deal, because most people in amsterdam enjoy spliffs.

9. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

you can still smoke spliffs inside i think

10. Bad.Fish

yeah you can

11. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

^^ you can smoke pure weed indoors but you have to go out for a cig now hehe...

Some coffeeshops will turn a blind eye to tobacco in your joint if you don't leave your packet out on the table and roll it discreetly... Other places have seperate rooms where you can smoke tobacco, mixed with weed or straight but employees can't spend time in these rooms under the law...

12. Bad.Fish

my sister's lived in amsterdam her whole life...she grew up there too, she's kinda nuts though :D haha

13. Videoslave

Videoslave Member

There still allowed to smoke pot that still makes the air inside the pubs not so clean. So in that situation I would think who cares if one lights up a ciggeratte.

14. Bad.Fish

theres way more carcinogens in ciggarettes, in weed there are few so the second hand smoke isnt as dangerous although any second hand smoke is bad for you