So I'm in amsterdam.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by CircaX43521, Mar 19, 2008.

1. CircaX43521

CircaX43521 rat in a drain ditch

With a shitload of money and a shitload of free time and a hotel room right across from this little coffee shop. The problem is is that the coffee shop has a huge sign on the door that reads "MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO ENTER".

How do I get around this major delema?

2. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

how's amsterdam? i'm hoping to go there one day

how old are you really? if you're close enough to 18 or look around 18, just try to get in without an i.d. because they might not even check it..
    maybe they have to have that sign up for law purposes or something.

3. CircaX43521

I'm 14, I can possibly pass for 16, but no way 18.

amsterdam is pretty chill, I'm actually staying in Haarlem. A town right outside amsterdam. theres like, 14 coffee shops in this town alone.

I'm thinking about asking one of these college kids to buy it for me. I'm not great at confrontations though.

4. Edd.tokes.to.much.

Edd.tokes.to.much. Member

just hit them shop by shop until one sells to you, its what i do when i need booze.

5. ishade32

ishade32 Member

ur saying u went to amsterdam under 18 without a fake id? wat r u suicidal? hahga

6. undercooked

undercooked Member

I'm sure a fake id would be so effective when he's 14. If they're actually strict about it, just ask somebody old enough. Before I was old enough to buy booze, I'd just ask bums or panhandlers to get it and then give them a few dollars.

7. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

my 16 year old friend went over there and said they allowed him in. weird. maybe he was full of shit though. no reason to not try though.

8. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

dude your in amsterdam, you must find a way

9. CircaX43521

I'm here with my mom.

And I think I'm just gonna ask people "kunt u me onkruid kopen?".

10. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

yea try to get someone to buy it for you. best bet

11. CircaX43521

yeah, my moms really chill, shes letting me like, walk around the town at night. Shes just gonna give me like 50 euros tonight and let me go see the town.

12. PharmaPhunk

PharmaPhunk Banned

I don't know for sure, but I think some coffee shops require you to consume the cannabis at the shop.

13. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

They wouldn't serve you with a fake ID, they'd ask to see your passport- as a tourist you have a legal obligation to carry it on you the whole time ;)

If you do ask someone you're better off asking tourists brits/yanks etc than dutch people. They won't be impressed (literally everyone speaks english though so no need to try and speak dutch hehe)...

TBH I'd be very suprised if you did get sold it in any place worth their salt, it's not worth their while and it's not worth you risking their licence...

Is asking your mother out of the question if she's chilled?? First time I went about 10 years ago I was about your age and my dad who never really much approved of me smoking bought me some while I waited outside and I smoked in the hotel room. He wouldn't have done that at home but when in Rome...

Whereabouts are you staying?? I'll tell you some places with some cool shit if you want (there's more to A'dam than pot!)

Nope, not at all.

14. undercooked

undercooked Member

Hey Reverend, have you ever been to Eindhoven? I'm going to Sweden for a few months and want to visit the Netherlands. Ryanair goes between Stockholm and Eindhoven pretty inexpensively, so I've been thinking about going there in particular but don't know anything about the place other than that it's a medium sized city toward the southeast.

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

if i ever went to amsterdam i was gonna stay in Haarlem... i've been told and have read that its a lot less touristy than amsterdam and more chilled and relaxed

16. Exar

Exar Member

ok thats crap

you can take the weed with you... dont let em con you say you want 1.2 gram for 10 euros and ask them to grab you a few papers and roaches... find someone who is cool and not a dick... look em in the eyes, if they sound like a prick, they feel like a prick... say you'll try going in after all or something

that's what you expect to pay for about 1.2 grams of say nycd and just get a few roaches and papers and you're set my friend. Smoke that shit.

Do it for all us stoners who wish we could be in amsterdam right now! like you are, so make use of this wonderful oppurtunity to sample some magical amsterdam marijuana

17. CircaX43521

So I was walking down to this one shop to get some fries and a soda, and the shop is right next to this coffee shop, and as I was walking home, this dutch dude stopped me. He's like "Where are you from? Blah blah blah" and then he asked me if I'd smoked any weed yet. I said that I've been looking for someone to buy me it. He was standing there with this other dude, and he pulled out a pack of rolling papers and an eighth or so of these really nice looking weed. He was wondering if I wanted to smoke with them. I had to get home with the food though, I'm suppoused to get some weed from him tomorrow. I think the reason he asked me was because I was wearing a tye-dye shirt, hair down past my shoulders, and standing next to a coffee shop.

And I think that my mom would maybe buy me it, but I dunno, I dont really want to ask her, it might be pretty akward.

Also, the coffee shop by my hotel sells "Joint-Packs" 5 joints for 3 euros. They also just sell straight weed.

18. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

So people offered to smoke you out and you refused!! Are you nuts!! I guess you had to take the food home, but if it were me Id be like I'll brb I gotta drop this food off!! Then go back there and get really baked with them! :) Have fun in Amsterdam, GL finding bud!

19. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

what place is that? i´ve smoked some of those joints before (that a friend had bought) and in my opinion, they sucked. they were from the bulldog.

rule of thumb: stay the hell away from the larger coffeeshops. any place that has more than one location - dont go there. only go to the smaller, local-feeling shops. better prices, WAY better atmosphere, way better everything.

20. elover

elover ritz with cheese

HAHAHAHAA being 14 in Amsterdam, is like being 16 in Las Vegas...it sucks donkey balls!

but seriously if I was in amsterdam and under age I would find a way. Thats a once in a lifetime chance...go make something happen