so I'm gonna be a news anchor

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I'm taking this TV News class and my professor asked for volunteers to go on the air and the campus news team is gonna select the best people but I think I'm gonna make it cause I tried it this morning and it went really well better than everyone else (females) anyways! :) I had never done this before but it felt just.. right. I don't know.. like when I was in the studio around all those monitors and stuff I got a feeling of.. comfort.. like I could work in this.. and then when I got on the set, with this BIG blinding light in my face and the prompter in front of me and people watching I felt ultra-comfortable I don't know why.. so yea I think I'm gonna do this :)

2. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

That sounds like fun.

I would freeze in front of a camera, could never do it.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Get ready to deal with some dumb ass people.

The whole media and broadcasting majors are full of idiots in general. Most news anchors are complete idiots, or at least major douchebags.

Plus, it's a school station, so expect to have to cover stupid shit and to look funny on camera.

But other than all of that... have fun. It will probably be a good experience. I'll have a radio show with a friend this semester, gonna play some reggggaaaaae muuuuzak, something slightly similar.

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yea there's a lot of idiots in the comm. department particularly in the radio and TV concentration - this class is one of my journalism requirements. The professor even warned us about the douches today too haha he was like: "okay: just so you guys know, some people here are experienced and they get impatient with people who aren't.. don't take it personally" lol k.. and the news show we're gonna be writing/producing is the minor one - there's 2 but the main half-hour one is for radio and TV/broadcasting concentration - our thing is only 10 mins

I am aware it will be shitty but I still think it could be fun. I'm not looking forward to the writing - that will HAVE to suck..

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It's news...

The writing should be extremely easy.

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yea that's what I meant. they want super-simple. I don't like journalism writing. haha and that's my concentration :rolleyes:

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, I'd rather kill myself than do journalism.

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Dunno I've always had this feeling you'd feel motivated to a media type environment.TV , Films , music , artistic focus

BTW to call someone the "biggest anchor in television" , can have a different meaning in ENgland.
    ( Sthg it rhymes with ...!LOL)

9. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

maybe you will get to report me shooting up a school

10. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

cool. will this be in the Comm building near the bus stop?

11. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yes it will be.

12. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I suspect you will be very good at it.

13. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

soon you'll be telling me what to think as a Fox News lady

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

lol thanks guys

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

A news anchor? Ugh.

16. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Four years from now we might hear, "And now here's senior White House correspondent Penny reporting on Obama's re-election."

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I was a journalism major until I took the first class, and had to write a story about a business in town, and looked around the room and didn't feel like doing it, so I dropped out of allegedly one of the best journalism programs in the country.

I think it sounds kind if good for you. You can rule over the dorks

18. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

it just seems fun like games I used to play when I was little and I just don't know why but that spotlight in my face was very heartwarming.

19. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

yay! hooray for finding things you like and want to do. :) good luck... i can see you as an awesome tv reporter. :D

20. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Cool! :D I don't know how you didn't get nervous, but if you didn't it's probably a vocation you have. Great feeling it must have been!