so i'm aout to get dreadssss:)

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by bottle full of rain., Jan 25, 2009.

1. bottle full of rain.

bottle full of rain. Guest

and was wondering if they'd look good on me?

[​IMG]

but i'll probably still get them even if you advise against it. :)

oh and also what are some residue free shampoos i can just buy from the grocery/drug store?

2. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

lol. They look good on everyone.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

they look GOOD on everyone but they will look GREAT on you

and im so glad your doing this

dr bronners is 1 baking soda is another
    neaUTRAGENA CLARIFYING O THINK TOO

HAVE U THOUGHT ABOUT HOW YOUR GOING TO GROW THEM? WETHER NATURAL (I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY) OR BACKCOMB OR TWIST N RIP?

THERE DEFINATELY ARE WRONG WAYS AND WOULD NEVER WANT YOU TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES SO MANMY MAKE
    (dam,n why cant i type a single post today without accidently hitting capslock?)

4. bottle full of rain.

ahahah that's wat i've been saying to all my friends, but they've been trying desperately to change my mind.

5. bottle full of rain.

ahahaha well for the past few months i've been letting 'em grow naturally, so they're already started, but i'm impatient so i think i'm gonna backcomb them soon.

6. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

believe me. i dont even have them (yet) and my friends are like that too.
    some of my friends think its cool though. Only problem is my mother.
    KnottyJohnnyClean on youtube (from dreadheadhq.com) said on one of his videos, that if you dont fit that dreadlock stereo-type people are going to think you shouldnt wear them.

7. soaringeagle

switch shampoos lets go camping together till spring and when we get basck you'll have dreads effortlessly and a great story to tell instead of just 15 hours of having yoyr hair pulled painfully then weeks of disapointment anfd frustration when that all falls apart

patience is a lesson you learn while dreading..no matter the method..natural being the bestteacher

switch shampoos, wear a wool hat alot do some sea salt rinces and dont think about it much...time will fly bye and your dreads will be born painlessly the way theyre meant to be

8. bottle full of rain.

yeah, my mom is against it but she's pretty much aware i do whatever i want, appearance wise anyways.

yeah it's not even so much that i don't really fit the stereotype or whatever, my friends just don't for the most part so they aren't very open to the idea. but same here, i have a few who realize it'll look fine.

9. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

KnottyJohnyClean is awesome, even though he is a Knotty Boy kid.

But yeah, maybe your friends are telling you not to becuase they love your silky hair. In the end you got to do what YOU want.

10. bottle full of rain.

ahahah yeah i've recently started spraying with sea salt/water and it seems to be helping so who knows. but like, my hairis really curly so it's kind of all matting together and i'm afraid i'll end up with one big dread instead of a bunch.

11. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

yeah. I kinda fit the stereo type too but my friends still dont like the idea. Oh well. They would probably like it once I have them though. But unfortunatley I need longer hair so yeah. Waiting sucks.

12. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

he is awesome. why is he a knotty boy kid?

13. bottle full of rain.

lmao i have like the LEAST silky hair you've ever seen. but yeah, i'm really not too concerned as to what my friends are saying, especially because most of their reasons for being against i aren't even accurate (i'll have to shave my head, they're dirty, etc. etc.)

14. bottle full of rain.

yeahh. i kind of want to get my hair longer too even though it's already long enough. i just think short dreads sometimes look weird, at least on girls.

i think if i lived somewhere more diverse (i live in ohio, blehh) and my friends actually had the chance to see people with dreads they'd be more accepting. like two people here have 'em.

15. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

My bad, he is a DreadHeadHQ dude. His company sells wax.
    But I don't give a rat's behind about that, he speaks truth and he's funny as hell.

16. soaringeagle

well sounds like your already dreading up fine you just gotta start seperatinjmg them so u dont end up witjh 1 big dread

where in ohio
    i know a few folks there

17. bottle full of rain.

cleveland suburbs. can't stand it here.

18. soaringeagle

pm me soon as your able to pm (anyone know what the requiremnents to pm are now
    ?)

what id do starting today is start seperating, ..basicly feel around for areas that seem to weant to clump together, u can twisty them lil but wouldnt too much, but pull one away from all its neighbours ripping any hairss trying to connect them.

if you alrwady got some areas matted to the oiont that they wiont rip apart you may have tyo live with some congos but i sdont think your there yet
    once you seperrate thje secvtions you should be good to go, u just may have to keep ontop of redoing it every now and then
    oh if u cant pm, i listed all my im's in my profile too

19. bottle full of rain.

yeah i think i can probably separate them.

i don't have any instant messaging downloaded. but i'll check if i can pm.

20. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

damn, me too. shit.
    its always weird when someone who lives near me is on the same website as me.