So... about that Mueller investigation

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm pretty sure, like 99.9999999374747% sure, that plenty of people have been criticizing Trump for his actual faults

2. storch

storch banned

Came up dry? Well, I suppose . . . if you want to omit her gross negligence from the record.

onceburned likes this.
  3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yeah.Right. Well I guess nearly a decade of investigations was worth it after all. Maybe we can spend a few more years looking into Jared Kushenr's and Ivanka's use of private servers for conducting government business. Lock 'em up! Lock em up!

4. lode

lode Banned

I suspect the contents of the Mueller report may be a bit different than Barr's summary... we'll see what happens. An investigation that only brought down 6 members of his campaign is a win for team Trump these days I suppose.

I wonder how long until he mocks a disabled person or war veteran to squander the good news cycle.

5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

and why was he so quiet on twitter? It's like he was afraid they would announce something. Then he remembered that he appointed Bill Barr.

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

lol, the silent majority will continue to grow. Luckily for liberals/democrats they will continue to be able to talk about their obsession untill 2024.

WritersPanic and Irminsul like this.
  7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Well the Republicans like Barr and Sekulow have said the report will not be made public, and not given to the Democrats, and The Grand Jury finding will not be released to Congress, and Trump's taxes will not be released to Congress, and Kushner's security clearance fiasco file will not be released to Congress, and the Trump Tower server which the NSA knows was communicating with a Russian server will not be turned over to Congress, and Graham wants to investigate Strozk & Page … and to hell with traditional rule of law.

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Usually when a party does not want to turn over documentation in a legal matter they have something to hide because they are guilty.

9. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

these are the very same people who said that the Whitewater real estate deal by Jim & Susan MacDougal was just tooo complicated to figure out,

Once upon a time, figured Trump would loose reelection, not on any policy basis, but because The Democrat would be the adult in the room.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So in your opinion the media should only report on facts previously proven in a court of law or by an investigation unknown to or unreported to the public after it concludes and if it is ever released at the desecration of those who were investigated?

An investigation into public officials should never be mentioned by the press. I see.

As a Democrat, I do agree with your statement of being strung along and deceived. But not by the mainstream media.

The Russian conspiracy investigation has resulted in the conviction of Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Richard Gates, Paul Manafort, George Papadopoulos, W. Samuel Patten, Richard Pinedo, and Alex van der Zwaan.
    In addition Konstantin Kilimnik, Roger Stone, 3 Russian companies, 12 Russian officers, and 13 Russian citizens have been indicted or implicated.

The President of the United States has lied about his role, Jeff Sessions lied about his role, the NRA got entangled, Trump's relatives are involved, Trump has secret talks with Putin....on and on...
    And you think this isn't a newsworthy item?
    The "mainstream media" should just have ignored all this?

Really?

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  11. mcme and storch like this.
  12. storch

storch banned

Uh, yeah, about that. They came up wet.

Hillary Clinton

onceburned likes this.
  13. onceburned

onceburned Banned

some people will never admit she (Hillary) did anything wrong...………

14. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

He lost the popular vote, so not sure where you're getting the 'majority' part from? Or the silent, for that matter.

Okiefreak, McFuddy, Meliai and 2 others like this.
  15. There is no "popular vote" in the US other than outside tabulation for press points. Otherwise it's meaningless to the way we vote in the US. While I don't care for "winner take all" state-level voting policies, it is the states that decide presidential elections. And, like it or not, Trump got far more states than Hillary (who should have at least visited Wisconsin).

The man beat both parties (you don't really believe he's a republican, do you?) by using their own rules against them. As Frank Underwood would say, "THAT is politics".

I guess the 2 years of whining afterward is also "politics", but can anyone really be proud of that?

16. eggsprog

My point is that fewer people voted for him than voted for Clinton, so to claim that the ''silent majority" support Trump is baseless.

stormountainman likes this.
  17. From the state perspective, which is all that matters in this case, a majority voted for him. Sure, some were loud about it. But I think a LOT of people stayed utterly silent; no hats, no bumper stickers and no small rallies. Why?

Because a Trump bumper sticker will get your car keyed by some unhinged, fragile leftist.

Watching them scream in the streets after election was just plain hilarious. Really, who does that? The jokes write themselves now, but there aren't any comedians brave enough to unload.

18. eggsprog

More human beings chose Clinton on their ballot than Trump. Do you agree that that is factual?

McFuddy and stormountainman like this.
  19. MeAgain

Probably because she didn't do anything legally wrong.
    As far as anything wrong...I'm sure we have all done something wrong in our lives.

20. MeAgain

Yes, I believe he's a Republican as he won the Republican ticket, leads the Republicans, and has the full support of the Republican Party and most of its members.