So... about that Mueller investigation

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 23, 2019.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The latest research shows that computers can make it possible to individually tutor students with one real teacher to as many as 120 students. Their academic bullshit is half the problem, and computers are rapidly replacing psychologists and even medical doctors because they are better with people and less biased. Along the lines of this same growing progression, the workaholic Japanese and white American and EU populations are crashing. Schools are not a problem when you don't have children. To Libertarians, schools are an unnecessary expense and unions are the work of the devil.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    WritersPanic likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Then why make the statement that, "The only good or even great schools, are private or in "better" districts"?

4. MeAgain

Oh really? You're going to place 120 first graders with one teacher and computers?

Or 120 ninth graders with one teacher and computers?

Assuming an eight hour school day and not counting lunch, recess, etc. there would be 480 minutes in a day. (8 hours times 60 minutes)
    480 minutes divided by 120 students leaves 4 minutes of individual tutoring per student per day.

Is that right?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  5. wooleeheron

Obviously small children require special treatment, but that's the idea. Frankly, in half the classes I attended in public school I would much rather use a computer than ever have to listen to the teacher. Like I said, machines are more people friendly, and don't lie or spout rhetoric unless programmed to. As it is, I spent four hours every month skimming technical journals in the library starting at age 14 because my schools all sucked and it was blatantly obvious my teachers often could not find their own ass with both hands.

One in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth, because their teachers were all wonderful people and they hung on every word they said.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

And @************ why state better schools are a pipe dream when they overall were better 40 years ago? There's absolutely no way to even get back to that same level? :p

7. MeAgain

Yet you make blanket statements about a 1 to 120 ratio without specifying how it would work, for what age groups, class levels, educational needs, curricula, emotional states of the students, etc.
    Obviously you have an ax to grind.

While in school you didn't like to listen to your teachers, at the ripe old age of 14 you realized you knew more than they did, and you believe computers are more friendly than humans.

And by implication, every fault in society is due to poor teachers.

8. I was not contradicting, I was clarifying.

9. wooleeheron

I know it might be difficult to believe, but some of us could not care less about arguing over everything. American politics are as useless as tits on a boar hog. Suffice it to say, 40% of all Wall Street transactions are already handled by computers, it is estimated every bureaucrat in DC can already be replaced with existing AI programs, and over a trillion dollars was invested in AI research last year alone. They want to teach your car how to drive you anywhere you want, and replacing public school teachers is a snap in comparison. In fact, the computer AI already have better grammar than most of them.

The computers and robots are taking over, and everyone agrees they are much easier to work with than real people and much more helpful. Some 60% of all online transactions are already handled by bots, and its likely you have mistaken one for an actual person. They use them to replace online sales and service people, because they are cheaper than even Indian call centers.

Intel's newest 15 watt chip includes 5g and a leaked benchmark for it has off the scale physics, which means you can forget about everything you think you know about modern computers and electronics. Within the next few years, every petty gripe you ever had with a computer will be reduced to it simply being antiquated. No more bugs, no more long download, no more cheesy graphics or flickering pictures or waiting for it to boot or whatever.

10. Beverly Hall wasn't poor.

But otherwise, it would be absurd to lay it all at the feet of teachers. The fact most of them make shit wages is proof that they don't have the influence they should. In the 19th century a town or even a county was fortunate to have a single teacher. And teachers had many different agencies (for lack of a better term) that saw to it they were paid. Otherwise, like doctors, they were hired by the town.

Unfortunately their lessons had strict boundaries lorded over by the church and city hall.

Your analysis of Wool was interesting. Seems like I've heard a version of it before. Wool's an interesting sort once you get beyond the constant Nazi conspiracies and stuff that reminds me of BTS!

11. wooleeheron

Teachers are no better or worse than the military industrial complex, but weapons are our single largest export and we are infamous for our third world social record and willingness to even declare Big Bird a commie plot. Teaching their students how to share their words and play nice is low on the party agenda.