So... about that Mueller investigation

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

This just in: Hillary lost the 2016 election.

I thought I might feel bad for those who built their careers around Russiagate. But nah..

Russiagate wasn't entirely a wasteful effort. Something good came out of it. The MSM can no longer use "conspiracy theorist" to defame and label their opposition.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Gerry Nadler just said Barr will be called to testify. Trump has refused all Elijah Cummings' document requests. The Trump government is Stonewalling and Obstructing all legal processes just like Richard Nixon … during Watergate.

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Conspiracy Theory means something that only Republicans believe in.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

whatever...

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

For somebody who is innocent they sure behave like he's guilty as hell.

6. "Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories anyway? This is exactly the question posed by British psychologist Karen Douglas and her colleagues in a recent article in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

• The desire for understanding and certainty
    • The desire for control and security
    • The desire to maintain a positive self-image
    Let’s look at each of these motives in turn."

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Sounds a bit off topic, unless you think there's a conspiracy involved with the Mueller report. Collusion, maybe? Why don't you start a new thread, maybe on the existing Conspiracy forum?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why not? All we have so far is a four-page summary by a Republican hack. Will Fox, the Republicans in Congress and the Prez give up their Deep State conspiracy theory to defame and label their critics?

stormountainman likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

People still actually think their vote counts for something?

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Naw, doesn't count for a thing. That's why the pols spend months of their time and a shitload of money campaigning in the battleground states. It's all a big charade, like the deaths of all those child "crisis actors" put om by the anti-gun crowd.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haha. Well, at least two of us are laughing.

They have to make it look legit, and you know a contractor makes all the money from the voting pamphlets that get thrown into a bin instantly and someone else profits from the recycling too. But out of all the lies the politicians make, the votes are rigged, another country can even influence who gets voted in... To sit there and believe your votes actually mean anything, to me is a bit far fetched.

I can see one statistic being represented, how many people actually believe it lol.

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Do we have a link to the thread which spawned this one?

13. Visexual

Visexual Member

There are some pretty despicable folks going to prison that would still be making tons of money from their corrupt, greedy, way of living. I don't think it's been a waste of money at all. And, speaking of wasting money, since 45 talks about the millions that have been spent in the last 22 months for the investigation, how much has been spent for him to have weekends off to go to Florida? And how much was spent investigating the Clintons? And, now that I think about it, how many convictions came from those?

Let's face it, the country is divided and nothing will change the opinions of either side. Hell, we might as well just admit that we have a second civil war and divide the country in to two different countries. If Florida isn't part of the country I'd want to live in, I'd be OK with moving. I'm sort of weary of hearing .223 rounds going off, knowing they're being fired by a bunch of draft dodgers who never served shit and now want to play soldier.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Wrong

Actually they concluded that Russia interfered with the 2016 election; to the benefit of trump, but there wasn’t any collusion.

Trump is President because of Vladimir Putin

15. 6-eyed shaman

I haven’t seen the Democrats in this much anger and denial since they had to give up their slaves.

onceburned likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

It’s spawned off of every Trump stitch ‘n’ bitch thread where the posters are blaming Russia for everything

onceburned likes this.
  17. 6-eyed shaman

The reason they haven’t yet released it in it’s entirety is because it contains certain pieces of classified information that needs to be redacted first. Mueller would be singing a different tune if your Russia narrative was found

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Maybe so, maybe not. As you say, they haven't yet release it its entirely, so unless you're an insider, how would you know what's in it? Mueller is old school--not one to defy protocol and buck his boss, who is a Republican true believer in executive power and a skeptic about the report before he took office.

19. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I've thought the case for collusion was weak from the beginning. However, I do think the case for obstruction of justice is very strong.
    What Barr did was give a summary, tantamount to an opinion, of the report.
    What Barr should have done was release the report to the public. That would have been total transparency.

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So what I've gotten so far from the four page summery and conclusion drawn by Trump's hand pick for AG, Barr, is that, according to Barr, Mueller decided there was not not sufficient evidence to establish a conspiracy by Trump or anyone else.
    What does this mean as far as the next presidential election?

In my opinion it means at least three things:
    First, any candidate is now legally free to publicly ask any country, organization, or individual, even a hostile power such as North Korea, to steal personal or political documents of one or more of their opponents with the intent to influence an election without fear of being held responsible in any way when the criminal acts are committed by those third parties. ( As Trump did when he asked Russia to illegally find Hillay's emails,...and they then committed criminal acts in that vein.)

Second, anyone involved in a political campaign is now free to share any information they wish with any country, organization, or individual, even a hostile power such as North Korea, with the intent to influence an election without fear of being held responsible in any way when criminal acts are committed towarad those ends by those third parties. (As Manafort did when he shared polling with the Russians.)

Third, anyone involved in a political campaign (especially relatives given political positions through nepotism) are now free to meet in secret with any country, organization, or individual, even a hostile power such as North Korea, with the intent to gather information aimed at influencing an election without fear of being held responsible in any way when the criminal acts are committed by those third parties. ( As Jared Kusner did in the secret Trump Tower meeting.)

Theses are just the first things that come to mind, there are other implications.

On the collusion aspect. Yes there was collusion, but according to Mueller not criminal conspiracy.
    I think there will be much more to come.