snow is crazy

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by J311Mann, Mar 8, 2008.

1. J311Mann

J311Mann Member

holy shit.. its saturday and we have over a foot of snow just from last night... so far ive spent the morning helping cars that get stuck in front of my house... a bunch of us neighbors.. its time for a good smoke. this is crazy no one can go anywhere like 20 mins south of cleveland.

2. jusdino4it

jusdino4it DR. Lifetime Supporter

It started coming down here like 30 minutes ago and we already have 3 inches.

3. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

We rarely have snow where I'm from (bama) but it's already snowed twice in my area this winter (including today).
    It was cool, my sis and I made miniature snowchicks for the first time. It wasn't the first time we saw snow, it was just the first time we got a chance to play with it.
    I thought my fingers were going to fall of. Brrr!

4. Jadesmom810

Jadesmom810 Lizard Queen

snow in ohio last night??? We've been getting all rain for the past few days.. And I think it's supposed to POUR tonight around dinner time. Canceled dinner plans suck! At least I can go to the gym, and make my carrot cake tomorrow instead.

5. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

last year, it snowed every weekend for damn near the whole winter. it blew.
    a couple of years ago, it was like 3 feet overnight. it was shocking. the storm that did that to us got stuck under the air coming over the mountains, whole storm just stalled over the area.

and Jadesmom, the snow will hit you soon enough!

6. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah jadesmom, i live in the columbus area (just a few minutes north of columbus proper) and work in a tiny town just 15 minutes farther north....

yesterday i left for work at 1:05. it normally takes no more than 15minutes to get to work. there is a gas station on the way. to get from home to work, stopping for no more than 3 minutes or so to get 10 bucks worth of gas (prices shot up!) i didnt get to work until 1:57.

i got there only to find out we'd be closing at 5 instead of 10. it let up briefly so the roads were a little better around 6 when we were done closing up shop, and it only took about half an hour to get home.

and hour and a half of driving for about four hours of work....doesnt really make sense to me.

and i got a call saying not to come in tonight, we're staying closed all day (they opened briefly around 7 before being told to go home)

so i'm missing about 10 hours of work this week because the fucking snowstorm came out of nowhere and didnt have the decency to do so on my days off.

oh well, it means less driving which means less immediate expense which i guess is good for now since i'm broke, but my paycheck will be fucked with come friday

oh well.....i wish i had boots. i really want to walk to the store and grab some beer and snacks for today. all i really have is rice and lentils and beans and some frozen veggies. no beer, no weed, nothing.....

oh well, perhaps it would be best to live on what i have today. i am broke after all....

but that cheap beer is calling to me.....

7. nesta

nesta Banned

its been a true ohio winter like we've had the past several years. very, very mild throughout almost all of it with one or two isolated storms which will take up the entirety of everyone's mind. when i talk to people they always seem to think we had a terrible winter a year ago or the year before. 60 degree days in february isnt a bad winter. in fact, we've had virtually no snow this year or last. temperatures have ranged from the twenties to the low fifties for most of the winter.

but of course being snowed in for two days will make ohio think it had a rough winter!

its supposed to be in the forties most of next...so at least the storm hit late and there will be some substantial snowmelt for the spring plants

8. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

while i was working all day i could hear it raining,
    and walked outside after work to my car and it was icy/snowy rain..
    now it's just snowing, but everything's covered in snow already

i'm super pissed.. i can't wait for this warm weather to get here!

9. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

i expected this thread to be about coke lol