Snack food thread.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Bilby, Jan 23, 2020.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I bought some tempeh today. It's not gross, but lacks significant flavor.

[​IMG]

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have read about many of his recommendations that I find highly questionable, such as
    :

1. ‘’There is no safe level of saturated fat consumption. ‘’

Humans have been consuming saturated fat for eons.

2. ‘’You can never have your cholesterol levels too low. ‘’

Once you are past 50 the lower your cholesterol levels, the greater your chance of dying.

3. ‘’Even people with low blood pressure need to reduce their salt intake. ‘’

9% of the population has high blood pressure and does indeed need to keep an eye on how much salt they consume, not the entire adult population, least of all the 10% of people like me who has naturally low blood pressure. Some years ago I ended up in hospital for lack of salt. I was connected to an intravenous machine that slowly pumped a saline solution into by bloodstream.

soulcompromise and Asmodean like this.
  3. soulcompromise

Yeah? I think he's in touch. :)

Hmm. I feel like most people don't have a very healthy diet. When people who are healthy are the outliers you know something is wrong.

heart disease is an extremely prevalent cause of death though

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I like peanut butter and crackers with a glass of whole milk.

5. Imagine if you had deep fried mars bars nearly all the time. Not only it would be bad for you but you would be at risk of diabetes.
    Also imagine if you deep fried your sandwiches at lunch time. Try having foods that aren’t deep fried.

6. I just had a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich and a coffee.

If i have bananas i always have a banana and honey sandwich.

Orison likes this.
  7. Bilby

You and I might have different ideas to what constitutes a healthy diet. You might like to look at these two videos.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Looks like a bird seed bar

9. soulcompromise

Yeah. Flax seed I think. It wasn't very good, but it's super duper full of protein (18g per serving; 2.5 servings per bar-thing).

10. soulcompromise

I'm not big on videos; I do apologize. But I am interested in your perspective. I think that mostly when I hear people talk about meat or dairy or eggs and how cholesterol isn't bad, I'm always reminded that these are multi-million dollar (or more) industries and they are spending boo coo bucks to make sure the word is out that their product is healthy.

What are we doing to our health by eating them? That's my question.

I guess in moderation you can get away with things like eggs, but the study I was shown explains that the egg industry itself cannot justify eating more than 4 eggs per week. That is less than I like to eat eggs; and I don't eat them anymore.

11. Bilby

My perceptive is I would try not to eat any food that could not be found somewhere on the planet prior to 1900. As for eggs as a freerangertarian, I prefer free range eggs. Did you know the year in the 1950s that had the most heart attacks in the USA, egg consumption was the lowest for the decade?

12. It reminded me of those sesame seed bars.
    Looked a bit like it had something else in it that resembles nougart

13. As for snacks of the healthy kind i usually buy those Uncle Toby's museli bars from coles supermarket.
    Yummy snacks like that keep me going until lunch time.

14. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

[​IMG]
    Smiths snacks. Are you sure? They look harmless.​

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The intensive chicken and eggs industry poses a disturbing health risk too. I mean hundreds of thousands of chicken in one place, often under terrible conditions. How careful people may be, sooner or later such a thing goes wrong.
    Organic and/or freerange chicken may on average have a bigger ecological footprint than the cheap ones that never see the light of day and are raised more than twice as quick, but here the trick obviously lies with consuming less chicken. We take eating chicken for granted, while we combined consume so much it takes a big toll. It costs more than what we spend on it. What we need is responsible consumer behavior, which imo means going for animal friendly and circulair or organic raised and limiting the amount. Getting nuggets should be an exceptional treat, not a regular indulgence for example.

Is the connection certain or a guess/assumption?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    DrRainbow likes this.
  16. I love having salada crackers with cheese and vegemite on them.
    When i was little i used to go to my aunt's place where she would prepare a milo and a salada crackers with vegemite and cheese on them.
    She used to have a siamese cat called ming who spent some time on my lap

17. Bilby

Re: Michael Greger.
    1. If your cholesterol levels go down too much, your chances of getting Cancer or Alzheimer increases.
    2. These days only Michael Greger on his sheeple consider eggs to be unhealthy.
    3. The FB page for Nutritionfacts.org is full of delusional people. I only get it to find out their latest misapprehensions.
    BTW the plural of mango is mangoes.

18. Just had a salada cracker with raspberry jam in it

19. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I made myself a full curry for lunch yesterday, but come tea time ( around 18.00) I fancied a burger, so grilled a couple, and slapped them between two pieces of bread with a few slices of raw onion - it was luverly !!!

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Milo, don't think I've had Milo since I was a teen