smoking weed w/ my hookah

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by jniggs, Oct 29, 2006.

1. jniggs

jniggs Member

first off, please dont respond to this is you've never smoked weed out of a hookah... I'm looking for advice from people who have done it, not from people like me who just have ideas about how it should be done. thanks!

so, i usually just use a pipe. I've owned a hookah for a while now, but I've always just smoked shisha out of it, which is great and all. Anyways, I'm thinking of smoking some weed out of it (I never tried it before cause i wanted to keep it resin free so i would never have to worry about smoking it in public-ish areas where I could be questioned, but i dont really care anymore), but I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is. I mean, there's no way I'm going to pack the whole bowl w/ weed haha... I was thinking of just sprinkling some over the shisha, then just using the usual coal and foil technique... but I dunno, I have a feeling its not going to taste great; weed + tobacco doesnt really appeal to me. I guess I could just put a small amount of weed in the bowl and use a lighter, but it doesnt seem like this is going to draw smoke effeciently, ya know?

anybody know the best way of going about this?

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

me and my friends always just use a lighter or two, never the charcoal. but we always fill the bowl. i wouldnt use it alone(unless ya wanna put in a bunch of your own stash), its best with like 5 or so friends, who all chip in. get some middies, we would put a quater of middies in the bowl. we had a two hose hookah at the time, one person woul hit, one would use the second hose as a carb, and two whould light.
    i miss that hookah, now its just collecting dust under a bed. it always gave the biggest, long, smooth hits.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i always only smoked herb out of mine evenn though i had a seperate bowl for other herbs
    mine was a 6 tube
    whoever would drop out 1st would usualy let go of the ttube like sa carb and everyone would get knocked right out
    ya do go through alotta weed fast tho

4. jahmin

jahmin Member

I've smoked sisah with weed more than once. It's pretty good, you don't really get that high but it is there. Not reccomened if you have a high tolerance to weed-- I used to be able to tell the differance, but not anymore. Packing it w/ weed is awesome, def dont use the coals tho ull waste a lot of bud.

5. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

What me and my friends did was pack a layer of shisha, then a layer of weed, then a layer of shisha, a layer of weed, etc. until we had finished packing it. We used the charcoal too.

Even though we didnt use that much weed (maybe a gram) the three of us all had a noticeable buzz.

6. ganjaluvr

ganjaluvr Member

what me & my friends did was we smoked hash with a hookah...mixed the hash with tobacco & filled the bowl & used a lighter...the hits were harsh but we all got baked!

7. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

we normally just do a shisha/weed mix and get really high

well...back in the old days, before college

the irony of that statement!

anyhow, yeah, i dunno if that helps you, but that's what we used to do

8. jniggs

jniggs Member

alright thanks for the advice everyone... sounds like I should go with the weed/shisha mix.... I guess I'll just try and find some flavor of shisha that I think will go well with the taste of weed, and hope for the best. any ideas? I'm gonna try to stay away from the berry/apple flavors I usually smoked, as I don't think I'm gonna like those flavors with weed.

9. teh-horace

apricot, special grape, strawberry

those are my past experiences

all tasted delish

10. jniggs

jniggs Member

I'll prolly go with something like strawberry... i said no fruity flavors, but now that i think of it, that could be pretty good. how bout some kinda mint, what do ya think?

11. teh-horace

never had any mint

but damn...what did i have at the hookah bar last time...?

fuck........black grape? white grape?

i dunno, but in my experience anything grape is the shite

12. 420everyday

420everyday Member

I use only weed with the charcoals. It seems to burn less with the charcoals, also smoother.

13. Lather

Lather Member

I've just done it once.. we mixed the sheesha and weed to create a sheeshauana, if you will. And we did a jamaican in a tiny bathroom. I was royally fucked, my legs collapsed under me and I had to leave and sit down. But I was a n00b back then..

14. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

mint is my favorite to go along with weed. without weed, but only after i smoke weed, i genereally go with candy apple or honeydew melon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

15. teh-horace

after last night i don't find jasmine to be very good

tastes too much like soap

shishajuana, yeah, good times

16. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

strawberry and kiwi are good with weed. I like kiwi. We put a layer of shisha and a layer of weed on top. then aluminum foil and the charcoal.

17. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Ok, here is all the infomation that you will need. I am a new Hookah smoker myself but I have done a lot of research before I started. Depending on the size of Hookah you have I can recomend a couple of things. First of all I don't recomend doing this with only one person. It's just a waste of weed. So with that in mind it all depends on how Effed up you want to get. I found that a half and half mixture of product is best, although I have been told that is way to much so feel free to adjust accordingly. I personally smoke daily so I can take a little more. I don't recommend using a lot total, a small amount mixed half and half worked great something around 1 16th or 1 eighth of an ounce lasted me about an hour mixed up very well, in otherwords use a grinder for your weed. I also used two coals with a third as the other two burned down. You really can't know what is best for you until your just start mixing. I personally started with Raspberry mixed it all up very well and packed it loose in the bowl. I'm going to add a little chocolate with it next. However I do recoment Mint very much. Keep in mind that Weed is related to Mint so the flavors will mix very well. As a chef, and I am one, this is called using complementary flavors. Use the Foil, shiney side up and use the coals. I use two because I want to get the most of the best parts of the weed, one coal does not have enough heat to make the best use of your product. The THC, which is what you want the most of had a low to medium smoke point. For example, THC when lit by a lighter looses more than half of it's quality and is not as potent. However a coal is just shy of getting the most smoke for your buck so I use two coals. Keep moving them around on the top of the foil and every once and a while blow on it to get off excess ash and keep the coals at the right temp. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Also, just for fun try a half and half mixture of red wine and water in the pipe. It gives an intresting taste quality. Plus the alchool mixes with the THC quite well. It will also help with any build up in the water holding area of your Hookah. Just keep it up and try new things that's what makes me happy.

Thanks!

18. Just a daily toke

Just a daily toke Senior Member

its so nice, we would grind up a good amount maybe .5 to a gram and put it ontop of some good tasting shisha like tropical and we would put frutty punch in it

19. kiwi1022

kiwi1022 Guest

Ok so i know its an old forum but though i just add my little piece in just incase some one wants to read and have a look at some ideas .

Well its a pritty simple way actually and unfortunatly isent very creatfull and long lasting all we did when we did it was roll a fat joint and stuck it were the bowl should be and put a bit of blue tacc around it to hold her up .. and away to go ..

more or less this is like a bong butt thought id say :D

20. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Ok, I can see how if you stuck a blunt in the top of a hookah and lit then smoked it through the hookah that it would work, frankly you could to that with any old bong. If you are going to use a hookah then you should go with the shisha / weed mix. I personally am a fan now of chocolate / Raspberry mix with weed. Again if you have a large group then go half an half. You will end up using like two grams but I would guarantee it is way better than rolling a big fat blunt. Not to mention that the burn is longer lasting this way. Interesting thought though. Have a nice day.

Now, I need to fire up the hookah again. I like it for the summer anyway.