smoking to sleep...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by miami musician, Dec 30, 2004.

1. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

any of you smoke to help you sleep? i think that could possibly be one of the reasons why i don't sleep much. i used to be so used to smoking a bowl or a blunt right before sleeping, and then passing right out. so i actually called a friend and asked him to stop by so we could smoke a dutch, to help me sleep and get up in time tomorrow. what do y'all do?

2. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

yah man sometimes my friends get pissed off when they stay over because sometimes I get tired and pass out. I dont use it specifically for sleep, but it just seems to work out that way. lol

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

ya, i do it pretty much every other night. I havent smoked a bowl to help me sleep lately so i have been staying up till 2 in the morning...need more bud :(

4. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i notice the same problems man!
    i used to always always smoke a tiny bowl right before bed (just before turning on wlrn, i know you're down here, and you gotta give it a chance. it's this radio station i listen to going to sleep everynight. 91.3, i'm sure it's the same for you, you're only 45 minutes away. they have amazing freestyle jazz and blues all night, great to smoke to, and sleep to). well, this last semester i was in the dorms for my first semester of college, and i hadn't really opened up to my roommate about smoking the first week, i'd always just take a walk when i wanted to smoke and whatnot... well, that first night i noticed i was more clearheaded then i've ever been before going to sleep. my wildcrazystupid mind started making up back problems? i dunno. my back was very uncomfortable, and it was difficult to go to sleep. i noticed this again the next night, and the next. i think it was around here when i opened up to my roommate about my habitual use of marijuana, he was very alright with it, and i havent had the problem since.
    the thing is, i never noticed any back pain before. i dont know if it was a pain, but it was uncomfortable, and i only noticed it when i went to bed clearheaded. hmm?
    was back discomfort keeping you up also?

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

i smoke while i read everynight right before I go to bed, if I break this routine I can't sleep

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Yea.... i smoke before i goto bed, helps me goto bed early so that i can wake up early to goto work, if i dont smoke, im usually up til 2-3am, and thats not good when i gotta get up at 6-7am

7. hip healer

hip healer Member

hell ya man, i always go out and smoke a bowl, put grateful dead on and go to bed. always pass out super fast

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I can usually fall asleep pretty easilly, but once in a while I can't, and don't feel like staring at the ceiling for a few hours. So yeah, I've used weed to help me fall asleep. Except it sorta wakes me up at first, with all the wild thoughts, but after a while I just fall iinto a very peaceful sleep.

But I don't like depending on anything for things like this; I'm a little paranoid about becoming dependent on weed because it's so useful and amazing. But I limit my smoking and don't use it every time I can't sleep. I prefer to go the natural way, my body know's best, I assume.

9. volatileBunny

volatileBunny Member

true dat! It's just as bad as using caffiene to wake up every morning, your body stops releasing as many of the natural sleep control hormones and you become dependant. I'd avoid using pot to sleep every night, I always wake up feelin all goofy when i chief right before bed anyway...

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i have very bad insomnia and i have seen a doctor about it...my doctor first told me to change my eating habbits, my sleeping habbits and such and i did.
    it didnt work
    so then he told he i could get sleeping pills
    and i said no... i dont want to takie sleeping pills. there very addictive

so the only thing that works for me, that i like is weed
    i smoke one bowl every night an hour and a half befor i go to sleep
    i love it

11. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I always smoke a bowl before bedtime, it's the only thing that lets me sleep soudly without waking up in the middle of the night.

12. Mui

Mui Senior Member

oh yes always a bowl before bed

13. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

I have a bowl before bed every night. In fact I'm having one right now :)

14. doubledtrapezoid

doubledtrapezoid Member

i have horrible sleeping problems, always have, its genetic. pot used to knock me right out bout an hour after smoking at night, it was great... after a few years of daily smoking tho weed doesnt make me tired anymore. i sure as hell cant fall asleep if i dont smoke though..

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i always smoke before sleep, ive always had trouble getting to sleep, and weed helped me. but now i can never get to sleep well wihtout it (as opposed to sometiems getting to sleep well before i started smoking)

16. irish151

irish151 Member

After smokin that day, i can usually fall asleep pretty easily, but i dont make a routine out of for that sole reason that i dont want 2 have the problem of strange sleeping habbits. if i really cant get 2 sleep, i dont take chemicals like sleeping pills and shit, so ill take some valerian, its an herb that helps with occasional stress and sleeplessness, so if u need a lil help buy ureself some of that, its usually pretty cheap, and u can find it at ure local pharmacy.

17. irish151

irish151 Member

oops, i ment 2 say, "i dont make a routine out of late night smoking"

18. element7

element7 Random fool

Here and there tokin' a good bowl and relaxing into a sleep after a hard day's work, especially mentally. sometimes very vivid dreams. don't want to get too reliant on it though.