Smoking pot in Beijing

Discussion in 'China' started by undercooked, Jul 16, 2009.

1. undercooked

undercooked Member

I'm going to Beijing for vacation in October. I've been in Korea since November and haven't been able to smoke. I read on webehigh.com that it's pretty easy to get in Beijing and that I don't have to worry about being imprisoned for it so much like I do in Korea. Would anybody here care to share some experiences he or she may have had regarding this topic?

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

When I was in Beijing we stayed in a "backpackers" hostel. Pot is easy to get and I suppose it is just like anywhere else where pot is illegal: use your brain.
    And if you get caught, just bribe the police.

3. Ethan003

Ethan003 Banned

Hi
    I don’t have so much idea regarding this subject. Just I suggest you to take steps accordingly. This was a good information that you put up here... …..hope that it benefits all the ones who land up here.

4. Ethan003

Ethan003 Banned

Hello,
    if you had a short time to live would you smoke weed for that time even if it was your first time?why? ans me .

5. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

6. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Wa, just what are you trying to say? ;)

7. fragility-1523

fragility-1523 Member

The Chinese Authority have very little regard for Human rights and their judicial system is very harsh on drug users, so although I have no idea how easy it is to get hold of pot, or how likely or strictly policed it is... I do know it's probably one of the places I would *least* like to be caught indulging in Illegal activity.

Just be careful!

==
    China Defends Executing Drug Offenders
    -------------------------------------------

In the wake of criticism following its customary celebration of UN International Anti-Drugs Day by executing dozens of drug offenders, the Chinese government has defended its frequent use of the death penalty against traffickers as it cracks down on drug use. A top Chinese anti-drug official said the executions were both popular and necessary, the Associated Press reported.

"The Chinese masses applaud giving the death penalty to drug traffickers," said Yang Fengrui, deputy secretary general of the National Narcotics Control Commission. "Drug trafficking has severe social consequences. It's equal to killing people." While the government hopes to "rehabilitate" drug users so they can "return to society," Yang elaborated, it is fully prepared to enact "severe punishment" for criminals.

With more than a million registered drug addicts -- and who knows how many unregistered ones -- the number of Chinese drug users is on the increase. But to be transformed from mere user to "trafficker" eligible for the death penalty requires only possession of five kilos of cannabis resin, one kilo of he**in, or less than two ounces of coc**ne.

According to the Associated Press, China executed 28 people on drug charges on International Anti-Drugs Day alone. Chinese authorities had spent the whole week before Anti-Drug Day executing dozens, and perhaps hundreds, more.

In a report issued by Amnesty International just before Anti-Drugs Day last month, the human rights organization said "more than 50 people were executed on drug-related charges in just eight of China's 23 provinces in the single week leading up to Anti-Drugs Day last year. The total number across China is likely to have been in the hundreds."

Amnesty International is calling on the Chinese government to halt these executions and to review all future use of the death penalty. "In the week leading up to 26 June, UN Anti-Drugs Day and government measures to tackle drug crime are publicized in the Chinese media. Despite this extra reporting of death sentences, drug-related crime, drug use, and amounts of drugs seized by customs are all at a high level or actually rising in China. This reality seriously undermines official claims that the death penalty is an effective deterrent against drug crime in China."

==

Luke

8. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

that doing some things in china will blow your mind

note that as far as i can tell none of the pictures depict drug-related executions

the second is actually execution practice, while the last two are the execution of tibetans

still, i'd be real fucking careful . . .

9. soapofthelotus

soapofthelotus Member

thats crazy, doesn't cannabis sativa/indica grow wildly in some parts of china?

more people smoke there than we think or now, and they aren't being shot in the head for it, they just probably keep it chill, like a zen monk/nun

we have to remember so many in china are extremely buddhist, so it could all just be some form is emptiness, emptiness is form type stuff going on

may all peoples be free

We earnestly pray for the miracle that though at some times we may fall into imaginary ignorance, none of our actions cause suffering

MEDICINAL CANNABIS!!!

10. Knotty Unity

Knotty Unity Member

It is quite easy to find weed and hash in the bigger cities in China, don't know about the rural areas however. Some places weed grows wild and you can pick it other places you can just ask a Nigerian guy on the street if he hasn't asked you already. I wouldn't like to get caught doing illegal things here in China either! Now finding good weed, thats another story! Ive been smoking a lot of hash lately as its cheaper and a different stone.

11. HazelAdams

HazelAdams Banned

yeap, no need to worry too much, even indoor, some pots allow smoking