Smoking Opium

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Peace, May 23, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

My friend came over and sorted his bud out in my room the other day. He split his opium and bud up, and he said the opium that was left on the table I could have. So my friend loaded a bowl of pot and opium, and we smoked it. It tasted so good and gave me a great high. :)

Just wanted you to know. :)

-Peace

2. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I love opium, too bad it only comes around town once every year or so..

Actually, it's probably good that it's not around all the time, or I'd probably be junky ;)

3. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Just to make sure your aware, Opium is a form of Heroin and is just as addictive, dont make it a habit.

4. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Opium is NOTHING like Heroin. Heroin is an extremely concentrated form of opium and different chemicals are used to turn the opium into a more pure form. From that they make Heroin. Opium is addicting, but NOWHERE near as addicting as plain ole' opium from the poppie. I have known people that are junkies, opium doesn't do much to them. It's like the difference between ok mids and great buds.

Plus, there are few different strains of poppies. Some are more potent than others. I grow "Persian White" poppies every now and then for some great opium, they are the stongest.

5. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

I'm getting a gram of opium this week and will probably smoke it with some great dank. By the way, how big is a gram of opium, is the ball the size of a quater dime, nickel, ect. Was just wondering.

6. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

hmm... how much does opium run for generally?

7. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I've never had the opportunity to try some opium, but if I ever did I definitely would try it.

8. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I've been curious about opium for a while, wonder if I could get any around where I live; don't have a pipe anymore though.

9. stitch23

stitch23 Member

hehe I just found out today that my mother has been growing opium poppys (no she isnt a drug addict, far from it - just a keen gardener), they haven't flowered and shit yet but it shouldn't be long. Apparently they spread like wildfire, so they will be everywhere. The cops and authorities out here wouldn't have any idea what they looked like anyway so it should be pretty safe. I plan on trying perhaps a bit of it. I read that you scrape the seeds from the pod wait for the plant to start sapping. Leave the sap. Wait for it to turn black and scrape it up with a knife.
    What would the best technique for smoking opium be? and how much do you think would be sufficient for a first timer?

10. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

I should be around 10-25 a gram. Depending on where you live

11. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

To smoke it, Try this: Get a square piece of card board and a nail. Push the nail through the cardboard so it stands straight up , and tape it around the base. Just take a small ball of your Ope and pop it on the tip of the nail. Light it up till its on fire and making black smoke, then blow it out and inhale the smoke from the ball with a straw ,Whala, Smokin O
    And for a first time, Smoke prolly half a gram or so, depending on the quality

12. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Opium contains morphine, codiene, and dozens of other akaloids.

Heroin is made from purified morphine subjected to a simple chemical process, and is stronger and MUCH more addictive than morphine alone.

They are NOT the same high, although they all cause characteristic narcotic experiences.

13. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

A half gram? I would think that for the first time you wouldn't want to smoke more than like a couple matchheads worth.

14. reef

reef Member

downers!!!! BOOOO

anyways this is the wrong forum

15. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Which would be about or close too(a little less maybe)- 1/2 a gram.

16. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Well I don't feel like arguing over little details but a half gram would be more like 8 "matchheads worth". I dunno...just smoke the shit. It's pretty hard to OD on it anyway.

17. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

I just got me some opium myself, go me.

I'm actually stoned on dopium right now. :)

18. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Well considering the bowl had pot and opium, I believe it has every right to be here.

19. aesther

aesther Member

A half a gram is NOT a couple matchheads worth, please. I wouldn't smoke more than 3/10ths at a sitting,especially since opium is addicting and doesn't seem to come around often for most people. I would put it in a bong/bowl and smoke it with some pot. Opium cherrys very nicely once it's lit, so when you pack the bowl , if you break up the weed properly and lace the opium with weed, it usually works very nicely, just one long very big cherry.

Opium works best with weed in my opinion. My best opiate highs are those in which i'm lying down on a comfortable bed listening to music. sex would also feel incredible. Geckopelli told me once that if you sit down in a dark room and smoke say 6/10ths of a gram in one sitting, you'll reach an opiate high unlike that of 1/10th of a gram, and it's a completely different high. For me, 1/10th of a gram mixed with a bowl of weed is enough to have a very enjoyable experience. Opiates also seem to work nicely with a little bit of alcohol. I only had one beer with a little bit of opium and had a very relaxed high, and it was much different than with weed. I'm not sure if it is safe to use alcohol in excess with opium so I would read about it or ask somebody who knows before trying it.

20. reef

reef Member

marijuana forum??????

or is it marijuana / opium forum????

hrmmmm..........