smoking mushrooms - experience and thoughts

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Brightness_08, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Brightness_08

Brightness_08 Member

One time I was at a friends house and a handful of friends were there. We all decided to trip on dxm. I'm not gonna say much about the dxm experience because later onn during our trip there was a guy in our group who brought a pipe with a shroom cap in it. He said his father always smoked shrooms and they do have some kind of effect. Most of the people in the group decided to try it with him, to see whaat effects would take their toll.

Before I smoked the shrooms, I was very dissociated with reality. We were all hanging out in the garage, just talking. I don't even know what we were talking about, I just saw waves of people moving and heard waves of conversation I couldn't quite understand.

When I took a hit of shrooms from the pipe, I could feel the smoke as I inhaled and exhaled. But I couldn't see the smoke. I took a few hits of this with the group, and I found that it intensified the efects of the dxm. I felt even more dissociated and out of it, and my body felt warmer like what happens when I eat shrooms. However the body warmth could have just been the dxm, for I have gotten clammy hands from dxm alone many times. My body felt stuck sitting on the couch and overall I just felt weird

What are your guys' experiences/thoughts on smoking shrooms? Id definitely prefer eating them.
    Most people say smoking mushrooms is a waste, and even though I prefer eating them, I would like to try this again sometime while not being on any other drugs.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Smoking mushrooms is a huge waste. You might get some effect, but the real trip is by eating them. Psiocybin breaks down with heat.

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

SHROOOOM KILLER!!!

How'd you like it if I put you in a pipe and smoked you?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sounds like an intruiging trip into the air to me :sultan:

5. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Pointless.. psylocibin is destroyed by heat. Next time just eat the mushies and if ya want a smokeable psychedelic get some DMT :D

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

What do those research chemists know? Let's see how high this brake-fluid can get us!

7. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

"then this guy showed up with mushrooms in a pipe and said to smoke them and we did " -- you sure y'all all weren't just tripping on dxm?

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

I like smoking them. i just like the aroma ,, very little actives will reach you. But what happens is. Depending on the type of pipe you have. You heat them, mushroom are mostly water. Youre getting a little bit of actives in the steam. If you notices the wetness coming from the mouthpiece, the more wetness, then more actives getting in your mouth.. ,

9. Brightness_08

Brightness_08 Member

I'm sure we did it, cuz that guy was there the whole time, he was one of the friends who showed up at the house with us.

10. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Waste of time and mushrooms

11. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Yup sounds like maybe a placebo or something..
    I had a friend always bragging about doings drugs, he'd get so fucked up smoking shrooms and pure Molly.. Lol maybe a cut e pill...
    I smoked pure Molly after he told me that and it tasted like toothpaste... Did not get high though.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

I suppose in Moneyland, where everything had a price on it.. you might not want to smoke them. because youre pissing someone off that cant afford your costly / so called ineffective high..

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Me and my friends carved a mushroom into a pipe and smoked weed out of it. Then we split up the shroom among us and ate it. That was fun.

14. Brightness_08

Brightness_08 Member

Yeah dude if I wasn't so fucked up that night I would have asked that dude if we could have split the shroom cap and ate it. Lol

15. czerwonymike

czerwonymike Guest

What you want to do is grind up an oz of fully dried mushrooms, add a good amount of Everclear (you want 70% ethanol 30% water) into a jar. Shake/stir vigorously while heating with a double boiler method (don't use a flame, the ethanol could start a fire) use a thermometer to make sure you don't go above 150 degrees F. 2 hours with heat, or it could take days if you just let it sit at room temp and shake it for a while every day. Bring it back up to heat and pour through a couple coffee filters to strain out the mushroom particles, the psilocybin and psilocin will pass through while they are heated. Repeat until clear. Then evaporate off the clear mixture using double boiler until there is just a little left. Put it in the freezer and the crystals should form at the bottom. Keep the crystals in the ethanol and in the freezer to keep the potency. When you want to use them pour the cold jar out through a filter again to catch the crystals. on average good mushrooms are 2% psilocybin/psilocin. Only 0.05 grams of these crystals are equivalent to an eighth of dry mushrooms! you could possibly vape them.

16. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Neither chemical is soluable in ethanol. The 30% water was the only thing that is extracting them.

17. czerwonymike

czerwonymike Guest

"There is a fascinating report in the literature that gives a quantitative measurement of the efficiency of extraction of both psilocybin and psilocin from the mushroom Psilocybe bohemica. The citation to the article is Kysilka, R. and Wurst, M., Planta Med. Vol. 56 pp. 327-328 (1990). These Czechoslovakian scientists studied the efficiency of both methanol and ethanol as solvents, each containing varying amounts of water. The results were, to me, both unexpected and most provocative.
    The isolation of psilocybin seemed to be quite reasonable. This alkaloid is reasonably soluble in boiling water from which it can be nicely crystallized. It is less soluble in boiling methanol, and almost insoluble in boiling ethanol. And the extraction efficiency is optimum with methanol and almost as good with ethanol. With both, the less water present, the better. The compound is, after all, a perfect example of a zwitterion, the internal salt of a phosphoric acid and an amine base.
    But the numbers with psilocin are strange. With aqueous ethanol, the optimum extraction was with a 70% ethanol concentration, and the extraction efficiency dropped almost to zero when there was no water present. But methanol was extremely inefficient regardless of the amount of water present in it. These researchers were apparently surprised by these findings, as they explored further and uncovered other clues. Time is a factor. Psilocin is extracted at a much slower rate than is psilocybin because it is contained intracellularly in the plant, and thus slower to be gotten out. They conclude that many of the low psilocin assays of mushrooms are due to this difficulty of getting the alkaloid out of the plant and into the extracting solvent. Using this information they determined that the levels of psilocybin and psilocin are substantially the same in Psilocybe bohemica, in conflict with the published literature values where very small amounts of psilocin were observed.
    Efficient extraction apparently requires patience.
    As to the identity of the crystals that were drifting around in the cooled Soxhlet receiver, from their being insoluble in ethanol, and white, and transparent, I would guess that you are seeing pure psilocybin."
    — Dr. Shulgin

18. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

i tried to smoke shroomz a long time ago, one time.

AND... it didnt do shit. waste of perfectly good shroomz