Smoking Leaves?

Discussion in 'Processing Marijuana' started by TokeTrip, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Nickelbag

Nickelbag Member

TheOMFGNinja:
    Yer right, it is stupid. He's making a habit of trying to instigate me though. This isn't the first thread.

I have heard people refer to the leftovers in the bag as shake also, but they would use the term generally to refer to any of the 'less desirable' parts of the plant, just like you mentioned.

Technically, as far as I know, the term 'shake' originated from when people dry an entire plant on the stalk, and then crush it up a bit, then sift it through a mesh screeen. They shake the screen, and the small stuff that falls through is the shake. Or something like that. Much like you said, anything that isn't bud.

I was just offering the terms that I have been accustomed to, which serve to differentiate the qualities of smokables on the plant. If lumpechtomy didn't chime in, people would just assume what I meant, especially given the lighthearted nature of the post with the smilies and all.

Probably, the only term you haven't heard was 'leavins/leavings'. Sometimes people refer to the leftover cutup bud from rolling a joint as 'joint leavins'. Maybe it's just a regional thing, I dunno. It's fitting though with the other terms, better than 'bottom of the bag'. All 3 of the terms except 'buds' offers description and a sort of theme consistency by referring to discarded parts of the plant. The term shake generally carries an implication of poor quality, and trim is a pretty widely used term, mostly unchanging. 'Leavins' just carries on where 'trim' no longer applies. And it just sounds more fun :D

2. tonyalee82

tonyalee82 Member

crushed up buds, maybe some leaves- the stuff thats left in the bottom of the bag, usually best used for a joint or blunt because it is so fine

3. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

why would you do this?

4. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

Probably because he hasn't got the foggiest clue what he's doing! LMFAO!!! People really have some wierd ideas - huh? It cracks me up to read these old threads sometimes.

5. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

It just amazes me that these kids can even score any dope in the first place, let alone consider growing it.

6. skiiergrowerdrinker

skiiergrowerdrinker Member

shake is broken up buds that have fallen to the bottom of the bag.... shake makes really nice doobies