Smoking a water bong better than a piece??

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Brady_to_Moss, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Member

Is it at all healthier?? i know the water filters out alot but it acutally better for your lungs or no

2. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

Well, the water filters out carcinogens, so yes, it is better for your lungs as well as smoother then a normal pipe. If you want the healthiest method, eat it or vape it. Bongs ftw though.

3. Agreed Bongs ftw

I really need to acquire a place to hide one, or else I won't be able to get one. Why spend the money on something that is most likely going to be smashed. In that case, bubblers are the shit.

4. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

they might be healthier, but daaamn do i get stoooned when i smoke out of those haha

5. obs82

obs82 Member

yeah. bongs will take some thc out of the smoke but you always seem to get nicer hits. a vape is really good if you can afford one. thing is, i live in toronto, and there are actual cafes you can go to where you can rent them and chill out and smoke inside. i've used really expensive ones, and you get really baked, off the tiniest bit of weed.
    if you buy one, i recommend an expensive one, but otherwise if you're looking to be healthy, maybe eat it?
    but i agree, bongs ftw.

6. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It does not matter... niether is better or worse health wise..

but a water pipe/bong is much easier to take,, and I find gets you higher.

7. I'd say its probably healthier. bong water gets smelly and a horrible colour after a long time, so it must be taking something bad out the smoke. It might not be a worthwhile amount though.

But bongs get you much higher and are more fun to smoke

8. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

How is it that a bong gets you any higher than a normal pipe? I recall reading a study that claimed the unfiltered joint was the most efficient method of delivery (the least THC loss), but personal experience has proven pipes to get me higher. Bongs don't get me any higher than a normal pipe, although the best piece I've smoked from was a bubbler.

9. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

i take one hit off my friends 2 1/2 foot percolator bong.
    wooooo i was done. no pipe or joint ever hit me like that.
    man i miss that monster.

10. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Is it just the size of the hit? The chamber in a 2.5 ft bong can probably hold a lot of smoke.

11. obs82

obs82 Member

bongs and pipes are the same thing essentially. the main reason people pick bongs, is because of how easy it is to get a nice giant hit, without killing your throat. but really it does take some thc out of the water.
    when it comes down to it, if you want to get technical, any method of straight forward burning weed is an INefficient way of getting it into your sysytem. thc burns at a lower temperature than the actual weed itself, and when you smoke it, you're actually burning a lot of the thc. this is where a vaporiser comes into play. do some reasearch, but basically it brings it up to the exact temperature to get the thc to react, meanwhile you are not smoking any of the harmful tars.
    it's actually funny because after using a vape, the weed is still there, looks exactly the same, but a tiny bit darker, and is completely useless afterwards. sort of like when you cook it. (actually very similar principles) smoking it this way, is MUCH healthier, and you even get a slightly different high, but some people argue that it's not as fun. its' really apples and oranges, coke and pepsi. whatever you like more.

12. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

exactly

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

bongs suck
    bongs kill your lungs
    you take massive massive hits and tear your lungs to shreds without feeling it

bongs do the most dammage..period
    just feeels like they do the least
    till u cant clear the chamber of the smallest bong no mopre cause u did so much dammage trying to get monstor hits

14. Rycon

Rycon Member

I dont really believe this.. doesnt make sense to me at all.

15. Hesh

Hesh Member

well ur breathing in a massive amount of smoke in a little time span, u really think all that smoke isnt hurting ur lungs... how does that not make sense.

16. Rycon

Rycon Member

Well I mean your gonna breath it one way or another, I dont see how it tears your lungs up, the water filtration does help filter out some of the bad crap (Aswell as the THC probly)

17. philywilly

philywilly Member

THC isn't water sullable so there's no loss.

18. Rycon

Rycon Member

Well then damn there ya go, I mean i understand what hes saying, I just dont see how it would be 'WORST' then smoking out of a small bowl or one hitter. I mean it seems a bubbler would be like the perfect medium.

19. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

That NORML study, which i assume you're referring to is crap. Any thc that is filtered through water is so miniscule it makes no difference what so ever. More thc is lost from a burning joint or blunt. Thc is not water soluble. It is a fact bongs are healthier then regular pipes because of the carcinogens which get filtered. Ofcourse vapes are healthier, but they suck ass to be honest.

20. obs82

obs82 Member

i don't know what you mean by NORML study, but what you say does make sense.