Smart meters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by rainbowdave, May 17, 2011.

1. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

I was wondering if anyone knows any information on the new smart meters that are being installed all over the country at a record pace.They send a digital microwave frequency signal every minute to the power company and it shows spikes on your utility record that analog meters didn't show.With the old analog meters, you had to get a guy from the electric company come down and read your meter.The only saw what electricity you used in a total month.
    The new ones sees any time an electrical appliance is turned on every minute 24 hours a day.I know H.I.D. lights must show a huge spike when they are initially turned on.They can probaly see when someone has been using alot of electricty 18 hours a day ,going on and off at the same exact time everyday. Then they can see a change in useage. All of a sudden , alot of electicty is being used 12 hours a day at the exact time every day.Believe me they know what that could be.You will be investigated by law enforcement after they see that.They say these are part of the smart grid plan obbama impossed and you can see your useage online if you want to.The problem is if you don't want the new meter there is no choice .You have to get one.It is manditory.They say they can see if there is a power outage in your area and fix it immediatly. They can definitley see if someone is stealing electricty from them.That has happened many times from growers in the past.There is also a problem because people can hack your account online and find out when you are not home or going on vacation because the useage is shown online.Even if you don't have a computer ,there is a possibility someone can make an account up in your name and read your useage.They say it is impossible but ,major banks ,colleges government records ,and even sony play stations were hacked before. The other problem is they emit a microwave frequency .This is like a mini cell phone tower outside your house .They will increase your risk of cancer big time.There is protests in california,texas ,canada and other places as well.They are keeping this off the main stream media.They don't want people to know the truth about these things. Call your electric company and refuse one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

First of all they only report in periodically, like once a day or even once a month. The meter records your usage for a period. Yes, it has memory.

Second most electric companies, esp. PG&E in California are more than happy to take your thousands of dollars a month for your grow. They don't rat on you. But if the police request it, they'll get a copy of your bill.

Then with smart meters they can not only see your spikes and how much energy you use, but they can identify exactly what appliances you are using by the usage itself. The # of watts + times of use + length of use + appliance spikes (on off compressors or whatever) indicate what kind of device it is with a good degree of certainty.

So no it wouldn't be hard to spot a grow. Of course a $5,000 monthly bill for electricity might be a hint, eh?

And what? A mini-cellphone tower is equal to what? A microwave oven operating once a month for a few seconds outside your house. Oh, boy, I'm really worried. But I don't like the ability to monitor everyone's use of appliances. Nor do I approve of the thousands of meter reading jobs that are becoming obsolete, although it does make financial sense.

Here in CA, they are letting people opt out of the program - for a fee. A BIG FEE! They want to charge over $100 to not switch you over (getting paid for nothing!), then charge you extra each month for a man to come out and read the meter. That's fucking crazy and I think they're going to get sued over it...stay tuned.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yep..theyre more interested in bypassed meters than the ones who actually pay for their hydro use...100 fold

stick an air conditioner in the window

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

in the winter time. :eek: im just kidding, but yes... Air conditioners that you dont use.. :freezing:

my power company come to my house did an audit. found 4 electric heaters, 4 air conditioners, fridge, microwave oven, loads of over head lighting, music gear..

Its better to work with the power company than against them.
    last but not least. 600/to/2000 watts of HID should not be running full time anyways. you flower plants in 12hr cycles..
    And vegetation periods can be lit up with cool CFL , using way way less energy to get the green up. Its Flowering times you want to boost the wattage. Remember its 12hrs..
    If you really want use up some power , you buy a home thats duplex or apartment , using the other buildings to power one unit. break it up a bit..

Trim down your consumptions within the house. No Waffle Irons, no Crock pots, No hair driers, No washing machines, turn off other home lighting when not using or reduce them all to low voltage...

5. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

There's nothing like having the meter man turn up unannounced to read your meter and the place stinking of growing green. Been talks of it in the uk but think its more a cost cutting thing and to find bypassing FOR NOW but in the long term what will they do with the information it sure is.nt in the electric companys best interest to report high usage but would only take a bill and a law passed to force the electric companys to flag things like high usage duration and times of use. Not sure on the online thing would be nice to keep track on your usage and see where you could save but the less information on me online the better in my book cos if it appears on a computer that connected to the web then it aint safe and must be treated as so.

6. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

That's why you get LED lights and backup generators/solar panels :D

7. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

But they bloom jack shit.

To be fair do grow ok but rather have hids for blooming.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Heres a Texas woman ON FIRE about keeping her utility company from forcing her to install one of these things in her house!!

www.devvy.com/new_site/smart-meter-081511.html

GOOD,the more who stand up and not just sit back being puppets,THE BETTER!!

9. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

Thats why some people I know use the new expensive latest technology solar panels, which are much smaller and much more effeicnt than the solar panels of the past. Hooking the solar panels up to a system of batteries along with several small wind turbines as well, and they keep the total electric usage down and evenly used during the variuos seasons, with extra power used in winter and summer, but only what would be normal for the area. They also use the lights they have during the day, and have the grow rooms seperated into staggered grows, where they change the lights on/off time at different times, not all on at once then all off, they have some on during the day, staggered by an hour or two, and use the battery and wind power stored in the large system of batterys at nighttime. They also have their own power meter for the energy they produce themselves connected to a electric terminal type thing, thats seperate from the electric meter. They use a fairly constant amount of electricity year round, with the use of an outdoor wood furnace to heat their house and water and so on, and use propane gas to opertate their water heaters, stoves,etc..and some propane is used to power a generator in the winter when the solar panels are collecting low levels of sunlight. These and other things are key to doing something properly. Also I know a number of people who are totally off the grid..using solar panels, wind power,and even a homemade water turbine system!!

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thats the BEST WAY if you can do it!!

11. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

Maybe there's other power consuming illegal activities besides growing pot