Small Town News

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by tumbling.dice, Sep 4, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The local Woolly Worm Festival has been canceled due to a lack of volunteers.

[​IMG]

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Paducah's 24th annual BBQ On The River is this weekend! It starts with Porkstock on Wednesday (I missed it dammit) and Thursday thru Saturday there will be pit masters from all over the country competing for prizes and such. I'm hoping Larry, Darrell and Darrell win it again, they make the best barbeque porkchops around.

[​IMG]

MeAgain likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The wait is nearly over! Mayfield's Harvest Fest '18 is just around the corner. We got a cornhole tournament, hayrides, a dunking booth and a chili cookout going on. Be there Saturday October 21st from 4-8pm.

[​IMG]

MeAgain likes this.
  4. ^I am interested in those activities, especially the free food part.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

1984 here we come: One of the cities out here is using Drones to aid Police Investigations

4 New Drones Aid Police in Investigations

As regulations are expanded, the idea of a police dispatcher sending out drones to a crime scene before an officer arrives could become a reality in the near future

The Police Department has started using drones to help with investigations and provide better situational awareness for officers responding to calls.

PD began developing its drone program three years ago and has been slowly rolling it out.

A drone was first used in fall of 2017 to survey a canyon for a missing man and has since been used for conducting search warrants and locating wanted suspects.

"The drone can go places that a helicopter has more difficulty getting into. It's less disruptive in many cases to the public because it's quieter," said PD Captain Vern Sallee.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There's a Narcotics Anonymous meeting at the local Presbyterian Church at 3 North High Street every Tuesday at 7:30 pm.

I'll save everyone a seat.

tumbling.dice and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fuck that... I want to know what kind of narcotics are being handed out at this meeting before I go.

Noserider likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Media Release

On October 3, 2018, ******* County Paramedics responded to an address off of Fairfield Drive, ******* Georgia in reference a medical call. Upon arrival, they observed a male and female deceased on a mattress in the front yard of the residence. The ******* County Criminal Investigation Division responded to assume the investigation. The cause of death has not been determined and foul play is not evident. An autopsy was completed on October 4, 2018. The case will remain under investigation pending the results of the autopsy and toxicology reports.

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You like to know that your stalkers have dedication

This is a fantastic thread, I'll find some news after lunch.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Heroin?

11. Tyrsonswood

They don't know, because they are just observing... apparently.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've got no time for lazy stalkers.

themnax likes this.
  13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The 42nd Annual Ham Festival continues today in Trigg County, KY. Below is a list of scheduled events.

10:00 AM Opening Ceremony Judge Executive Opening Remarks.
    National Anthem
    11:00 AM Bluegrass Revival
    12:00 PM Ryan Kinder
    1:00 PM Trigg County’s Best Country Ham & Best Biscuit – Alan Watts
    1:30 PM Dry Creek Band
    3:00 PM 4-H Country Ham Auction
    5:30 PM Hamtastic Drawing
    6:30 PM Shenandoah

Wildcat Chevrolet Fireworks Extravaganza – Begins after Shenandoah leaves the stage

[​IMG]
    Trigg County Ham Festival | Cadiz, KY

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Country Ham Fundraiser at Martha's Vineyard

Martha's Vineyard, a Paducah charity that has provided meals for those in need for the past 28 years, will hold a country ham breakfast fundraiser Saturday from 6-10 am. Martha Bell says folks can come in and eat, or carry out a plate of country ham, biscuits, gravy, eggs and fried apples. Homemade jams and jellies will also be served. Adult plates are $10 each. Children eat for $6.

Martha's Vineyard is located at 100 N. 12th Street in Paducah, Kentucky.

West Kentucky Star - News

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Did you know there's another Martha's Vineyard?

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yes, I'm vaguely aware.

Irminsul and Noserider like this.
  17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It's about fucking time...

City to Repeal Profanity Law from 1967

PADUCAH - The Paducah City Commission introduced an ordinance at its meeting Tuesday night that would repeal a "profane language" ordinance that's over 50 years old.

City Clerk Lindsay Parish told commissioners that section 66-93 of the code of ordinances was adopted in 1967, but the Kentucky Supreme Court issued an opinion in February 2017 that says government has no power to, "restrict expression because of its message, ideas, subject matter or content." This led to a staff examination of ordinances to see if any of them were content-based, and they showed this law to the city attorney.

"Our attorney agreed that this is content-based, that it's not enforceable as such, and that the best action would be to just repeal it in its entirety," Parrish said.

The Commission will vote on the new ordinance on December 11.

West Kentucky Star - News

19. Tyrsonswood

The ballot will say "Fuck yes" or "Fuck no"

tumbling.dice likes this.
  20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor