Slug protection..gorse?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by Bad.Fish, May 20, 2009.

1. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

I have 10 plants growing outside which I found attacked by slugs last week so as a quick measure I put a bed of gorse under each pot, a bit like a nest. How well do you think this will work? I cant imagine a slug crossing gorse

2. Bad.Fish

great to see the pages of responses here, maybe arthritis is getting to the fingers no?

3. qsxqsx0

qsxqsx0 Guest

i find that crushed egg shells provide an effective and inexpensive slug barrier they cant crawl across them just put them around the base of your plants like mulch also make shure you clear all hiding spots for them cuz they like to hide under things like rotting logs during the day and make shure there isnt any other foiliage close to the plants or the bastards will just climb over

4. Bad.Fish

Three years ago by this stage boss ;)

Not had a problem with any other grows since :coffee:

5. n03l

n03l Guest

bifenthrin. 17 bux at amazon. enough to last a lifetime.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

it will also give you cancer....please stop telling people to use this shit on this website....it is not recommended for consumables

OF ANY KIND

ALSO...THREAD IS FROM 09

7. Shanestoney

Shanestoney Member

Regardless of this thread being 3 years old... the best way to keep slugs at bay is to place a copper band around the planter or pot. Works like no other.

8. qsxqsx0

qsxqsx0 Guest

go with the eggshells organic no waste left where ever your growing and cheap or free to most

9. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

he best thing against slugs is to put planks of wood on the ground, the slugs go under them during dry/daytime, when you collected and got rid of them 2 or 3 times theyre gone for a while.

To keep them away its also very good to burn some slugs, make a water solution with the slug ash to treat the garden.

10. oreon walker

oreon walker Member

like i said in another post, grounded egg shells and red cedar bark around your plants.
    not known by many is that beer is irrisestible to slugs and gasteropodes in general, so a perimeter of half full beer cans makes a death trap to any slug that comes' round.
    change the can when it rained for 2 days or when there full of dead slugs.
    happy grow !