Slipping dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by ArgScalawag, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ArgScalawag

ArgScalawag Member

I only get these dreams when i am halfway between a concious state and an unconcious state. It's usually when i'm napping. But neways, I will have this vivid image of me walking down the sidewalk and suddenly slipping on a patch of ice and i actually slip in real life. My body jolts as if i actually slip and it wakes me up. This is just an example, i also have others of where i walk off a mountain and i slip or something like that. Nehoo, the fact i'm interested in is what causes these slipping dreams? or sudden jolting?:confused:

2. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

This happens to people sometimes. It's called a myoclonic twitch. It's unknown exactly why it occurs, but it probably has something to do with a very faint stimulus or anxiety (which could be triggered by your brain thinking you're falling off something, for example, then jarring itself alert in response). It happens during light sleep as your brain gives up control of the body's motor functions.

The human brain is damn interesting.

3. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Thats happends to me aswell, and then I get freaked out in the middle of the night thinking I woke up because someone/thing is in my room... so I end up sleeping wth all the lights on...