slipper pattern (wool/eyelash combo?) for a boy

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by nimh, May 27, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i have the yarn, now i need a pattern

hahah

anyways, i've got some gorgeous lopi yarn and a matching silly eyelash and the kiddo wants a pair of slippers. the rest is up to me

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

these are cute, but i think they might be too frou frou for a boy, even in a masculine colour

[​IMG]

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Whisper Soft Slippers

by Barbara Breiter click for a different
    enlarged view
    [​IMG] These slippers knit up quickly very quickly on two needles. They are so soft you'll never want to take them off! Click here to print this pattern. See abbreviations if you need help. Yarn:
    1 skein Cotton Chenille by Crystal Palace Yarns-Color #2615 Celery (Color A)
    1 skein Cotton Chenille by Crystal Palace Yarns-Color #1903 Loden (Color B)
    100% cotton
    98 yards/50 grams
    1 skein Whisper by Crystal Palace Yarns-Color #2261 Soft Green
    100% microfiber nylon
    97 yards/50 grams
    If you prefer, you can knit these slippers with one color of Cotton Chenille. Needles:
    Size 11 US (8 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
    Gauge:
    12 sts=4.5" in stockinette with one strand of Whisper and Cotton Chenille held together
    Instructions: These slippers fit an average woman's foot. If you have a wider foot, CO 2 to 4 extra sts and include those sts after the cuff sts are BO. Additional yarn may be required. click to enlarge [​IMG] Cuff:
    With one strand of Whisper and Color A CO 24 sts. Work in rib for 3" as follows:
    *k1, p1; rep across
    Rep this row.
    BO 6 sts, work 12 sts in rib, BO rem sts. Cut yarn. Foot:
    With one strand of Whisper and Color B, work the 12 sts rem on needle in St st for 5" for a small foot, 6" for medium, or 7" for large. End with WS row completed. Cut Color B.
    Toe:
    With one strand of Whisper and Color A, dec 1 st each end every other row 3 times:
    K1, SSK, k across to the last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1
    Inc one st each end every other row 3 times:
    K1, k into front and back of next st, k across to last 2 sts, k into front and back of next st, k1
    Cut Color A. Foot:
    With one strand of Whisper and Color B, work the 12 sts rem on needle in St st for 5" for a small foot, 6" for medium, or 7" for large. End with WS row completed. Cut Color B.
    Heel:
    With one strand of Whisper and Color A, dec 1 st each end every other row 3 times:
    K1, SSK, k across to the last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1
    Inc one st each end every other row 3 times:
    K1, k into front and back of next st, k across to last 2 sts, k into front and back of next st, k1
    BO. Finishing:
    With Cotton Chenille only, seam back seam of cuff. Fold in half. Seam BO edge of heel to bottom of cuff. Seam sides of heel together. Seam foot together. Click here to see what the slippers look like before they are sewn.
    Weave in ends on WS.

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

the Whisper Soft Slippers are pretty good lookin' :) great pattern!