Sleeping

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lucyinthesky, Jun 3, 2007.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

Okay, lately...for like the last month my dreads have been impossible to sleep the night through on. I wake up constantly because they're so uncomfortable and lumpy. How the hell can i get used to this? I seriously haven't had a complete night's sleep in like a month and a half.

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

if you can don't mind sleeping on your stomach/side just tie them back so they dont lay under your head as much...

3. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i wear a tam. i just twist my dreads up to the top of my head and slip it on so they all stay on top.

4. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I usually just sleep with a tam on or tie my dreads up

5. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

I've never had problems with sleeping :S I'd tie them on top of your head, so you can sleep on all sides without lying on them.

6. Guest543

Guest543 Member

Although mine are still new, I sleep on my stomach and just kinda throw them out of the way. More so upwards.

Best way I can explain it is.. well, think of an octopus!

Mine haven't been a problem... yet >.>

7. hamish...

hamish... Member

i just lay my dreads out on my pillow and rest my face on my arm....stops me flattening them while sleeping

8. jamebrookes

jamebrookes Member

i just got mine, and what i do is i use panty hose. sounds kinda weird, but it makes it a lil more easy to sleep. get the pantyhose that goes on both legs and up the waist. cut off the legs part and put it on, kinda like one of those swim cap things. hope that helps.

9. maereo

maereo Member

i simply dont give a fuck, and sleep like a baby, but i remember when i just got them i kind of drag my head a few cm above the pillow before i lay my head dow on it, so all the locks end up behind or over my head, amd not under my face, then take my hand and throw the locks on the other side behind my head

10. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i just toss mine up over the top of the headboard & let em dangle to the floor behind the bed but somretimes i do get hopelessly tangled in em & 1 of my wives hasta yank em all out from under & around me 1st..lol
    i think when they were shorter i just tied em up

11. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

yeah i pretty much do whateveryone else has suggested..except for throw them over the headboard...since they're not quite that long yet :rolleyes:

i think maybe some of the beads i have in my head are making them feel lumpier than they are. Oh well, i'll deal with it. Thanks for the advice.

ps. i live with my boyfriend so sleeping with a nylon over my head is out of the question lol...

12. iceblink

iceblink Member

Isn't sleeping with a hat or stocking on your head bad for your scalp? I mean, you're basically suffocating your scalp, right?

13. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

I don't get this??? why??

14. abseeley

abseeley Member

Haha I tried sleeping on my face, and then the next day my face hurt sooo much so dont try that... If your boyfriend is really nice you could get him to hold your dreads out of the way till you fall asleep and maybe even sing a lullabye, I know Id do it haha, if you said please. Another option is taping the tips to your face, but yet again tape+hair = ow so not recommended. Just some brainstorming :)