sleeping with plaited (braided) hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by nynysuts, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Today i plaited my hair all over, washed it without conditioner, and the plaits have set rather nicely. However, I need to sleep on them tonight without them coming all unravelled and messy. I've heard tights (pantyhose) is the best stuff, but would I be better in my beenie? Any advice would be really appreciated!

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

you'd be better off with something slippery. the others are pre dreaddie tools!

3. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

I've ended up sleeping in a buff thingy, like a head wrap, and that seems to work!

4. Catzilla

Catzilla Member

Wrap your head in a silk or polyester scarf at night to protect your braids. You can also cut off the foot from an old pair of pantyhose and pull that over your head (not over your face, or you'll look like your trying to rob a 7-11)!
    You should also wear it when you wash your braids, to keep them from getting fuzzy. Dilute the shampoo with water and squirt it over the braids, gently massage in and rinse, rinse rinse!
    Good luck!
    Cat