Sleeping with a full stomach brings out messed up dreams?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by intongues, Jul 7, 2013.

1. intongues

intongues The Wizard

Anyone else experience really messed up dreams and random things happen if you fall asleep less than two hours after eating a main meal?

I get tons of fucked up dreams.. last night from 10pm-this morning at 8am i woke up many times in between due to eating before bed, which I rarely do. But in between all the waking up I had some very messed up dreams, random.. i remember thinking each time i woke up.. what the fuck!? past memories, ppl i haven't talked to in forever.. things showing up out of random..

At one point I half woke up, sleep paralysis kind of, and i could swear someone was against my back.. I tried turning over and no luck.. eventually I fully woke myself up and turned around and obviously, no one was there but a pillow.

very psychedelic. Possibly someting to do with the bit of dmt in or bodies.

Anyone else get messed up dreams thoughrough falling asleep after eating?

2. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have odd dreams sometimes, but I don't think its related to how much I have eaten.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My dreams are messed up no matter what/when I eat.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It's got nothing to do with the DMT in your body :) it's all to do with the fact that while your body is in sleep mode, your digestive tract must be kept in a higher state of functioning to digest its contents. This can result in disturbed patterns of sleep, as your whole body is not relaxed. It also causes acidity in many people, especially the next morning.

It has yet to be shown that DMT in our bodies does anything at all. Just making sure people aren't building castles out of sand :)

6. intongues

intongues The Wizard

yeah I try not to eat much before sleeping fully but sometimes it happens and when it does i have the wierdest thoughts and dreams of things that have been out of my life for years.. i wake up and think.. "oh yeah that was crazy!" wether it be a person i knew or something i did as a kid.