Sleeping on your hand/arm

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 27, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Then you wake up and sometimes cannot even move it because it's like completely numb to the point of temporary paralysis.

Does this ever happen to you?

I seem to do this a lot, and it still amazes me I haven't caused any permanent nerve damage.

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I used to get it when I drank.
    I used to wake up and panic. Thinking "whats another guys arm doing around me in bed. Has some batty boy drugged me up..." :eek:

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

maybe you slept on your spine and it isn't working

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But how would that explain the morning wood?

5. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

nervous system is different than circulatory

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

sleeping on your arm makes ur arm go to sleep, I've gotten up, and had to pick my arm up with the other hand it was so limp and couldn't feel shit...pretty strange, I didn't like it.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

When I was 12 one night I had one of those super realistic, vivid nightmares.
    In it I was like some kind of serf or something in the middle of some medieval battle.
    This huge knight with a really sinister helm walked up to me and swung at me with a huge axe and hit me in the left arm just below the shoulder.

I immediately startled awake and jumped out of bed, and I guess I was sleeping on my left arm because it was completely numb, cold to the touch and didn't even feel like part of my body.
    :eek:
    I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT!!!!! I thought my arm had really been cut off!
    :p

I wonder if that was my bodies way of saying "WAKE UP DUMBASS!"

but, damn if it doesn't hurt when the blood starts flowing back in.

8. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

^^^^ that is an example of how the conscious creates dreams. *yeah, tingles like crazy

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

haha..

10. I do this a lot. Both of my shoulders are disjointed, which I blame partly for the problem. But when it happens it's so nauseating. And I like to roll over and let my arm flop through the air, like it's been broken or something.

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

This happens to me too. Sometimes my "dead hand" wacks me in the face when I roll over or something, that usually how I find out.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I had my arm and fingers on one hand totally numb to the point of next to no feeling-yet somehow pain and a stiff neck with pain... to the point of not being able to sleep for days and nights and nights and days... this was last fall... didn't do anything to it that I knew of so maybe slept on it wrong? Ended up in the ER cause I was NOT dealing w that anymore... got x-rays done and all they saw was some pretty bad arthritis... so I ended up doing 6 weeks for physical therapy 4x a wk... plus had muscle relaxors which helped me to start sleeping again.
    Anyways, the fingers in my left hand are still weak but I try to still do my excercises... I'm not even sure still what happened to me except I think I somehow pinched a nerve in my neck or arm and bc of the arthritis is spread...
    But that's what I hate about docs (one of the things)...going and still not having answers... "it sounds like it COULD BE carpal tunnel too"... "could be?"- I want to know- this IS this and that IS that.