sleep

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by barefoot_kirstyn, May 20, 2007.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

ok, I totally forgot about this. I remember writing a post 2 years ago about the same thing, but I don't remember any of the replies.
    I cannot sleep now...the first trimester, I was down for the count...all I wanted to do was go to bed. I think the whole "nesting" brain has kicked in and now all I can think about is cleaning, cooking, sewing, and I wanna gte up right then and there to do all those things and more! Of course, I would if I had nothing to do the next day, like I did with Lea Lea, but now I have to be up all day to take care of her, go to school, etc, so catching up on lost sleep in the morning doesn't really help (when I'm convienently pooped right out and WANT to go to bed...go figure)
    So yeah, anyone have any ideas? Gunna ask my midwife about this on wednesday, but in the mean time, I am really furstrated with my brain, lol. I'm sooooo happy to have my energy back, but this is ridiculous! lol

2. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Chamomile, hops, or other relaxing teas. Maybe sucker your DH in to giving you a relaxing massage with lavender and chamomile oils. Meditate. Or give in and nest. ;)

3. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

yeah i know exactly how you feel honey but i decided to not nest for the simple fact that i was in the process of moving and it made no sense whatso ever to start cleaning and organizing when everything would be a mess. so now (one week i will be giving birth) i am nesting like crazy and im in lots of pain and tired as all heck. oh well. but ways to get your mind to relax is meditate or just to nest and get it done and over with. set aside a day and time to nest. good luck hun

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

thanks [​IMG]
    re: the massaging thing....that's a little lost on cody....he thinks massage=sex...no matter what I do....sigh:H lol
    I heard something about not drinking chamomille tea when you're pregnant....trying to remember where from, but yeah, it was saying that it could be harmful or something.