sketch of two beautiful nude young women

Discussion in 'Art' started by Troy8, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Troy8

Troy8 Member

I did this in 10 minutes. If it sells for 5 bucks then that would be a rate of $30 per hour. A lot of people do these incredibly detailed drawings and put in hours and hours of labor into them, only to sell them on ebay for 5 bucks.... was it worth it? Thats why mine looks quick. It is totally worth my time to sell something that took 10 minutes to make for 5 dollars. This is not my best work ever by far, but this is business and the main objective was to get it done FAST. Well any discussion appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I'd rather make $5 for something I spent hours on than $5 for something that looks like a cartoon a 10 year old could have drawn. It is business....and people who see good work will come back for more, people who see childish drawings won't.

3. Troy8

Troy8 Member

if you would rather spend countless hours to make 5 dollars, then you will never be able to afford to move yourself out of kentucky. And i resent you saying my work looks like a cartoon, odds are i spent more time making that drawing then you spent making your baby. I think you are just jealous that my "cartoon" drawings are more attractive than yourself. Have you seen the mindless drug-induced doodles people post on this forum? And yet you single my drawing out to bash? Go head and think your better than me because you put lots of effort and time into your art while mine is effortless, i am still a better artist than you whether i spent 50 hours on it or 10 minutes. Now go cry about it.

4. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

First of all, I do art for the pleasure. If someone pays me....that's a nice bonus....but I don't plan to make a living off of something I love as much as I love art.
    And, who says I want to move out of Kentucky? I rightly enjoy where I'm living and I'm surrounded by people I love. Why leave something like that? Just because it's Kentucky?
    You just showed your 'intelligence' by bringing up my baby. She has NOTHING to do with your art, nor does it have anything to do with my comment. If you're going to post a drawing and ask for comments....you'll get them. Whether you resent the comment or not, it's there.
    Yes....those women are so much hotter than me. Good call, slick.
    I didn't single you out. I like most of the 'drug-induced' drawings. They're colorful and have substance. Gives me something to look at.
    I don't think I'm better than you. I never said I did. I just like to have quality work.
    People who have to say "I'm a better artist than you" really don't know what true art is. You have to feel it, man. You can't just sketch something out and expect "ooo"s and "aaaah"s. You put this piece out there and asked for discussion. You got it. ;)

5. ashers

ashers Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Arts not about doing something quickly just to make it more profitable, but if that happens to be your method then fair enough. Saying that I dont have a problem with the drawing.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I think you are a money hungry prick, your drawing is cartoony and shitty and I wouldn't pay a fucking cent for it

7. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

ok what happened to everyone get along its cool you dont like it but hes expressing himself and if you dont like it dont look at it.why bring someone down thats lame your lame

8. Duck

I never said that I feel everyone should get along...
    and why should you not bring people down to reality when they are getting dreamy ideas of grandeur (sp?)?
    I'm doing him a fucking favor

9. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

well who are you to say what art is?and this is a hippie forum so why shouldnt everyone get along.see its people like you who make todays world what it is.so do your self a favor and stay in your reality.

10. Duck

a person with an opinion..
    it may be a hippie forum, but I am not a hippie
    I don't think you know me enough to be saying things like that
    um.. this place is part of my reality...

11. Troy8

Troy8 Member

OK "moon flower" what i said was cold and overkill, i would edit it but i said it.
    i gotta remember to get high before i post on forums, i gotta tendency to get real mean, anyways, i feel what yer sayin, its quick and its a line drawing, but i gott ADD and if i had to sit there and make it realistic i would lose interest, like art classes in college. I like lines i embrace the line. You know what, i appreciate line drawings far more than mona lisa type shit. simpsons, family guy, that is art that makes me laugh. i appreciate the laugh more than seeing a realistic painting of fruit kno what i mean?
    And Duck, hows about u fuck off and fuck your own mother, sodomize your father then proceed to eat shit and die painfully slow, and after that come back i got more shit for you to do, ya hear me boy?

12. Duck

it would be hard to sodomize my dad, he's dead, and he was cremated too, so it's not like I can just go necro on him

and ADD is fake

13. Troy8

Troy8 Member

i dunno why i waste time on ya kid you just wanna irritate me to see what i say so you can imitate me in the future, im not gonna give you lessons on how to act ya fatherless bastid, watch your mouth talkin to me got it young buck, people dont take kindly to peeps sayin "your a greedy prick and i wouldnt give you one cent"
    yea cuz you dont have 1 cent, your fourteen and pimplefaced and yer mammy just bought u some summer clothes at the mall...... didnt that bitch teach you no manners brat? disrespectful little smart ass, come here boy i'll woop you since no ones there to smack u when you get outta line.

chea thats how u get cold on a muthafucka.
    thems fightin words pussy and i'll say the shit to your face.
    bitch

14. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

ok duck you need to not even be on here if your not a hippy your rude you dont have respect for others and you cant admit it when your wrong and your right i dont know you i dont want to know you.you need to quit breathing your desturbing the air in front of your face.and this is called hippieland and your on here seems like you need another place to go.find a place where kids hang out youll fit right in

troy 8 much respect for you.

15. sandman

sandman Member

haha. Dude, that was brilliant. I like your style.

16. Troy8

Troy8 Member

huh?
    sarcasm?

17. guy

guy Senior Member

you should make that drawing into a tattoo?

18. Troy8

Troy8 Member

i would rather airbrush it on a car than tattoo it on my self.....
    nymphs on the hood of a car.....
    i just drew this nudie pic i found:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Duck

17, slightly pimpled face, has a job, and mum bought my summer clothes back in march [​IMG]

you try to come at me for being young, but based on your maturity I would guess you are about as old as the hair on my nuts ;)

20. Duck

I ain't going nowhere I've been on here for 7,300 posts more than you, if either one of us is leaving, I think that should be you