Sitting on a Towel

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by orangecrush94, Jan 4, 2010.

1. orangecrush94

orangecrush94 Member

Just curious, how many of you when going nude at home carry around a towel to sit on? I don't know if this is common practice as I'm kind of a closet nudist but it just kind of seems gross not to. I always sit on a towel at my computer if I'm bottomless, otherwise ickk!!

[​IMG]

2. Irishhippy85

Irishhippy85 Member

I'd have to agree with you there, wouldnt go bare ass on seats or anythin that other people sit on!!!

3. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I sit on a towel when at home nude- same goes for a sauna or the beach

4. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I always have a towel under me...

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

But why at home? Your own germs. Unless you live with your family.

6. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi,

you are right, using a towel underneath is quite common among nudists. But i think it isn't essential in every situation, as long as you show some sure instinct. At my own home i often don't care for a pad as i'm sure i'm absolutely clean and don't bother anyone doing so. I guess walking inside with street shoes or handling hardcash brings much more germs to your cave than someone neat with a bare tush. Somewhere else of course you have to respect your friends' concerns and attitudes. So for example at some i use a towel generally, but at others i sit on the garden chairs with a bare ass, but wouldn't do so on their living room sofa. You yust have to find out. Needless to say that i care for good neatness in such cases. In case of doubt rather one more shower or lavatory visit than one less!

NudistTed and noodist_jen like this.
  7. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

i have a little blanket that i use.. i'll also wrap it around me if i want to leave my room and no one is home or if they're sleeping.. just in case someone sees me (i can't be nude in the whole house)

8. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

It's too bad we humans have this one disgusting flaw (well there are others, but this one does get in the way of open nudity. I guess the towel is inevitable, but I do take extra care to clean myself even more often.

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

what about the towel? say you sit on it in one room, then you move yourself and the towel to another room. how do you know which side of the towel to sit on? do you even give it a thought? it defeats the purpose if you put the towel poop side down.

10. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Nope, no towels here. Not at home, anyway.

11. soccer10

soccer10 Member

i sit on a pair of shorts. same thing pretty much

12. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Fresh out of the shower, I don't sit on anything.
    At nudist clubs yes, a towel is usually mandatory for sitting on; remembering of course that not everybody is 'switched-on' about hygiene—as much as they should be! In my house, all bums have to be scrupulously clean from shower or bidet, including before bed (if planning sex).

13. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I prefer to sit on a blanket or something if I'm outside or on the couch, just because otherwise I feel like whatever crap I bring in on my clothes or hands or whatever (from riding public transit, being outside, going to hospitals and whatnot) is not something I feel comfortable directly putting my vagina on. That could potentially be a very large portal of entry for whatever bacteria or dust is on my furniture, and because it's always a little wet down there the thoughts of dust and dirt getting right on me is a little weird.

I never consciously thought about it until today but yeah, on couches I do prefer to sit on something! I know there's nothing dangerous on my furniture, it's not an irrational fear, it just feels better.

14. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Sunburst, valid points. I might add the two major entry points for invasive pathgens that can lead to urinary tract infections are rectum and urethra either cross-contamination or topical introduction, and this is where focused hygiene pays big dividends. The vagina is a separate matter and usually not directly implicated, but can be in repeated, unprotected sex. Why is a man saying this? I know quite a lot about the subject because of a background in renal medicine and transplantation and the challenges of urinary tract infection management, especially in the older population, but also very common now in teenagers and younger adults who are sexually active.

A towel is always good insurance out and about, irrespective of your own hygiene standard; it is the standard of others that is open to speculation and where your guard must be up.

15. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

I dont bother at home but there again we are cleanliness fanatics self confessed so always wash after the toilet and furniture cleaned even though it probably doesnt need it every couple of days .I definitly believe cleanliness is next to godlyness but not a church goer .

NudistTed likes this.
  16. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I have to say this is the first time I ever heard a lady refer to her vagina as a "large portal." :)

17. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi sunburst,

i guess this is nothing harmful. Bacterias have to be put in somehow, they don't crawl into by themselves. Also the formula of this humid vagina environement is bacteriostatic, so the germs have no chance! Usually infections occur if something contaminated is stuck into and brings the gerns directly to the spot bypassing the natural infection barrier.

Anyway, you should do as YOU feel fine. I don't want to argue you to anything, just wanted to put this right for the others.

take care, little fairy!

btw. where's your signiture dictum from? I guess it's from a song, but it's not coming into my mind.

NudistTed likes this.
  18. Wine Country Nudist

Wine Country Nudist Member

I always sit on a towel. It's good nudist etiquette.

19. Aranmich

Aranmich Members

I try to sit on a towel, especially after I have company or a computer customer there.

20. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

Yes, other family members sit on the same surfaces and it is just good hygiene practice. The other option other than a towel is a sarong. They are wonderfully soft and nice to keep handy for unexpected guests.

Daretobare likes this.