Sister smokes pot...

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Streetpack, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

I was careless and lazy long before I started toking, lol.

Weed has done the opposite for me, I am more social and as a result, more active.
    Said activity spirals into being overal less of a slug.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'd like to point out to the people who say they started around 14 with weed as well and it didn't influenced their grades that that is not convincing evidence that weed can't have an influence on other 14 year old individuals.

3. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I started toking on and off at age 12. long stretches of sobriety did not increase my grades because I never gave two shits about grades to begin with.

No one's denying the gravity of a 14 year old toking, only the manner in which it is dealt with. Being an alarmist is counterproductive. Have easygoing chats, not serious sit-down discussions. Try to establish the separateness of MJ from other drugs, and try to illustrate that the same rules of self-esteem and right and wrong still apply after you've used drugs. Often a person feels they've broken some illicit seal by puffing and take license to actually misbehave. She should not feel guilty or down on herself for puffing, this only encourages the "gateway" effect.

Discuss the positive aspects of pot, how it is a tool for self-examination, creativity, social bonding with those you cherish, etc. Smoking with her might dissolve the boundaries and she could feel comfortable going to you when she doesn't want to go to the parents when it's an embarrasing or important subject.

4. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I don't know why people make such a big deal out of pot. It's not some sacred thing. It's just a plant that happens to make you feel good.

5. nickers224

nickers224 Member

OP, it seems like all your posts have a negative attitude on her smoking and that you disagree with it. i would suggest telling her you dont approve because if you fail the 8th grade you are pretty irresponsible, and with weed it can get out of hand with some people with how much they smoke and how much it controls their life

but you cant force her to smoke or not smoke, but my advice is to tell her your opinion and what you think would be best for her

6. comfortably_numb9

comfortably_numb9 an asshole

i started smoking at 14, and i didnt really have a spot in my school and i did use pot to fit in more but i smoke now cuz i enjoy it and the experiences i have

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

your sister probably sucks cock too.. you should definitely talk to her about that.. lil brother/sister bondage.. i mean bonding

8. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

I first smoked when I was 14 as well, but that is not the point

Whether with your personal experience with pot has gone well in culmination with grades or not is not the question. Besides, the general consensus on the topic is that it can make you feel lazy or rather unmotivated. I know it does to me to some extent. (And yes, I keep a strong 3.5 unweighted GPA in challenge, AP, and college courses)

The point is that if someone failed fucking 8th grade, which is harder to do than it is to pass, frankly, I don't see why they should even dabble in mind altering substances. You need your head on straight before you attempt to mess with it.

9. PurpByThePound

Sounds to me like not only should you talk to her about this, but you should also seek out psychological help for her...seriously now

And to everyone else responding: The point is not that weed is bad, or that it is too powerful or some other shit. It's more like her life is not going down a very pleasant road. Save marijuana for when you can enjoy it for what it is, not as an escape from living, which seems to me would be the case.

Not only is she hanging out with the wrong types of people, she failed 8th grade, she has stress issues at 14/15 (wtf? seriously?) all on top of the fact that she obviously has some psychological issues, I would say smoking ganj is definitely NOT a priority or even a healthy hobby to pick up.

I know one of you kids are gonna say something about weed to help her stress...let me tell you right now, being 14/15/16 you should not have such serious stress problems that you begin losing your hair. Smoking ganj to cope with that is only a patch solution. It may make her feel better but it doesn't solve anything.

10. twang

twang on the run

Some people are wastoids, some aren't. she needs to make a bigger life decision than whether or not she should be smoking pot. She needs to get her priorities straight and think about life. She's clearly not on the right path anyways, so pot or not I don't think its gonna matter, though I doubt the weed is doing anything useful for her...

11. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

either way she's probably going to get caught by her parents...

12. PurpByThePound

(Three Kansas Citians in a row:cheers2:)

13. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

hellz yea. kansas city stoners unite!

14. PurpByThePound

Consider this thread hijacked :)
    Besides, I think it's pretty much a closed case.

OP: Just get your sister some help, I bet she will appreciate it later.

15. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

hey purp did you go to the ac/dc concert at the sprint center?

16. PurpByThePound

Nah, I'm not too big on AC/DC. I like more hiphop stuff but my rock tastes are satisfied by the likes of Led Zeppelin

17. twang

twang on the run

KC for life :p and screw AC/DC. The Schwag and Pink Floyd Experience are coming to the uptown this march (separate dates). be there or be having a worse time than everyone else that is there. Much cheaper than any sprint center concert :p

18. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

Once you deem it sacred, its sacred properties are seen.

19. Streetpack

Streetpack Member

thank you man, you understand my situation more than anyone here. Yea, i gotta do something about it, its not going to be easy but I'll try my best.