Sinus Infection

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ImmortalDissident, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Does anyone know of any natural remedies for sinus infections? My head is throbbing, my mouth/gums hurt, my eyes feel like they are buldging out of my head, my ears ache, I want to die. Please help.

Peace

2. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

Aw, man... I feel for you. I get one or two of those a year. Some of what works for me:

- I know you specified natural remedies, but if you are open to OTC drugs, try taking Sudafed Non-drying paired with ibuprofen. It takes a bit of the curse off.

- Flush your sinuses a few times a day with a saline solution, about a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. The salt helps reduce the inflamation.

- Spicy foods can help, too. A nice bowl of hot and sour soup can be soothing. Wasabi or chinese hot mustard helps, too.

Feel better soon....

3. morningglory

morningglory Member

Echinacea, Goldenseal, Stinging Nettle, Garlic and Comfrey all work to get rid of the infection. Also, if you do a steam with a few drops of Eucalyptus it will ease the pressure and congestion. Some lemon and honey in Chamomile tea will help if your throat hurts. I hope you feel better soon!

4. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i'm sick, too, so today i went to get tea, and i found this new stash tea... it's lemon and ginger. i mixed some honey in with it and i felt a lot better. im feeling gross again, so i think im gonna brew some more up. i definitely recommend the tea. good luck and feel better!

5. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Lots of fluids. Wanna know what works really really good? Grapefruit seed extract. Its expensive but it rocks! Look it up if ya want. What ya do is is put some in just boiled water and breathe it in, with a towell over your head. I got some cause I 'm goin to Mexico without shots and I noticed that it is good for sinus infections too.

6. solar_eclipse

solar_eclipse Member

In reflexology the tips of the fingers and toes relate to your sinuses. Also, along your eyebrows on either side should be a slight dent - lightly massage to ease pain. There are also 2 on the bone underneath the eye - sometimes harder to find.