Simplicity

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Maon, May 11, 2004.

1. Maon

Maon Member

Can you see what I see in the simplicity of life and get from it what I get?

2. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Captain Cryptic has landed!!!

3. Maon

Maon Member

Thats me my man .... hey Dok .. can I have some of those great photos you took of us all? .. want to use them in the presentation of the car ..

4. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

5. DoktorAtomik

Sure thing, dude. Want me to post compressed versions up here, or do you want me to send you the full-size jpegs? If you want them posted here, I'll do it when I get home (at work at the mo).

*edit*

Sorry dharm, must've posted while you were posting! I got my own webspace if I need to upload 'em.

6. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I can .... but only because it is in my nature to make my life complicated.

7. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

you say you clap with one hand?

i clap with 3...:p
    namaste
    x x x

8. jaycee

jaycee Member

hey Giles i would be great to see through your eyes, warped but great.

love and peace
    jx

9. stardust

stardust Banned

simplicity is the way to go man!!!

when society disintegrates and wipes out the population, only the hippies will survive!

peace and love
    stardust
    xxx

10. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

yaaaa.simplicity = beauty methinks although intricity does also but only in the art realm, but living with simplicity without the trappings of modern society or post modernism or whatever age were living in! the simple life be the way for me, lots of love and fresh air and natural beauty, sharing with others taking things as they come.

i think living with no money is acting as a real hidden blessing to me, the appreciation i now have for food and gifts and the smallest pleasures is immense and wholly satisfying

love luchi xxxx

11. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Ever done any investigating into Quaker beliefs?

Four basic tenets of Quakerism, Simplicity,Truth ,Equality and Peace

lInteresting stuff

Love
    Moominmamma

12. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I think I can see it, from things you've written before. I don't think I could get much out of it, though. I like things being complex, that makes them interesting for me. The more complicated you make something, the more you have to keep your mind working to cope with all the complexity. And the more your mind works, the more new thoughts, experiences and discoveries you will find. Thinking is the only thing that makes life interesting or bearable for me. If you oversimplify everything, I fear there's a danger you will never think any new thoughts, and will fall into rigid patterns of thought and behaviour. There's an awful lot of wonderfully interesting complexity in the world if you open your eyes to it.

There's a place for the simple life, and there's a place for exploring the many glorious intricacies of existence.

This is all a little vague, but the original question couldn't really have been more vague, could it?!

13. DoktorAtomik

I agree with both points of view. As with all things in life, it's about balance. Showmet is correct to say that we require mental challenge and stimulation to keep us fulfilled, but equally we need to be able to 'switch off', and just appreciate the beauty in simplicity. I don't think the two philosophies need to be mutually exclusive.

14. miabubble

miabubble Member

we do tend to over complicate things in life a bit too much don't we..?

15. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

"Can you see what I see in the simplicity of life and get from it what I get?"

I doubt it, everyone has their own ideas on simplicity. Afterall, surely to live simply is to live by need and not want. And no two people can have exactly the same needs. But both will be complete by having those needs fulfilled and not living materialistically....

16. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Hehe u stole that from our contemplation on how while we were up in the forest the whole world could have died and we wouldnt know.. we'd still be living there in bliss :) hehe Me and JC had a big convo bout that :)

As far as simplisity goes.. its great to view the world with the simple eyes... the eyes of a child see fairys where the plastic christmas lights hang.. thta to me ios the way to view the world :)
    But complexity... i have to love complexity because we are all so complex and thats what makes us all so intruiginhg :)