Sign this petition if you care

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Pressed_Rat, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

do those online petitions actually count for anything? a person might have more influence if they wrote to their mla

or:

LET THEM STAY!
    Phone, fax or email the Prime Minister and the Minister of Citizenship & Immigration

Jeremy Hinzman's hearing before the Immigration and Refugee Board is now over. A decision is expected by February 2005. It is urgent that everyone who supports the right of US war resisters to stay in Canada immediately contact both Prime Minister Paul Martin and Minister of Citizenship & Immigration Judy Sgro.

- Prime Minister Paul Martin
    Phone 613-941-6888 (between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)
    Fax 613-941-6900
    Email pm@pm.gc.ca

- Minister of Citizenship & Immigration Judy Sgro
    Phone 613-954-1064 (between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.)
    Fax 613-957-2688
    Email Minister@cic.gc.ca

3. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Why ask Canada ??????
    If you don't like what's going on seek refuge in Iraq. then no one will accuse you of cowardice .. No ! That's because you like your cushy easy life, you want that life style maintained , But you blindly refuse to acknowledge the fact that it's maintained by those so called baby killers who are dying so you can sit in Canada and sip your beer and watch you ball game deluding your selves that you are a pacifist..... Get off you arse and go and live in one of these oppressed countries. then tell me they are not entitled to the cushy easy life you live .....

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i signed it... took a few seconds... oh well :D

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I really don't know. I found the link at the top of http://www.globalresearch.ca

6. Disarm

Disarm Member

that's kinda silly. You shouldnt force canada to take your sissies!! lol. Running away isn't the answer. Fight against it, don't just scadge off and make it canada's problem.

7. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

Well, I sign a million other petitions a day it seems, so what's one more. I see J. Kerry has signed it, if it was really him.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, and someone named ha ha ha signed it too :rolleyes:

i think your signature is going to carry a lot more weight if it's on a piece of paper. i read somewhere that every time an mla hears from a constituent in writing or on the phone, they assume that at least 100 more of their constituents feel the same way about the issue.

9. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

If they had been drafted I might understand, but since its a volunteer army, no.

10. yovo

yovo Member

I'm personally torn on the issue:

Jeremy Hinzmen willfully joined the military, unlike those who saught refuge here during the Vietnam war who were drafted into the military against their free will. Having briefly served in the army myself I understand the importance of military law and a soldiers obligation to hold himself to it.

However, my views of military ethics aside, as a humanitarian I also feel that the war in Iraq is unjust(personal opinion, so let's not dive into that argument)and that the American government has placed the lives of it's service members in unneccessary jepordy.

A soldier does have the obligation to follow orders but a government, in moral theory also has the obligation to ensure the manner in which they deploy and treat those under it's command is just.