Side Effects During Acid Trips

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by LeMonte, Jun 16, 2013.

1. LeMonte

LeMonte Member

Whenever I trip on acid, I always tend to feel like I can't swallow or my throat is closing off. I think it may be muscle tension in my throat, but I am not sure. Also, I get these weird zaps that go from around the base of my neck to what feels like my sinuses. They are relatively uncomfortable and I would like to know if anyone knows about them and has any solution to them. I love everything about acid, but this is really starting to kill me. Thanks for all your help.

2. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

perhaps a warm refreshing drink to sip on? just imagine what would make your throat feel good. not sure what you can really do about the sinuses.

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I would think its all in your head. Your mind can be very convincing on acid. But I'm probably not the best person to ask

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I tend to notice some tension in parts of my body, often my back, when coming off acid. I'm usually not cognisant of it while peaking although my throat feels different as well and other odd sensations, and a degree of stimulation that can be kinda weird.

Some of the way you describe it sounds like it could be psychological or psychosomatic, but if there is a legitimate physiological basis perhaps some non-psychoactive vasodialators drugs/medicines could be useful but I don't have any recommendations of specific drugs and haven't used any myself.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

My first remedy attempt would be some kind of herbal tea like lemon/ginger or something. Do you have any issues with your sinuses or throat/swallowing when not tripping?

6. LeMonte

LeMonte Member

Thanks for all your responses. This never happens outside of acid trips. I have no conditions or otherwise that would cause this. You guys are probably right in that it is psychosomatic. It also only happens during the comedown. Next time I trip I will try to see if anything you guys suggested helps.

7. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have had a muscle spasm in neck/chin muscles that sounds like that very thing- but never while tripping. It seems to come when i am stressed while at work but is rare. Clenching teeth might be a trigger for me anyway. An ibuprofen or similar might help.