Sick of the munchies.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SagaciosuKJB, May 12, 2004.

1. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Is there anyway that I can stop the munchies? It comlictes things for me when I want to eat, because I usually don't have much food, and finding something to eat when I'm stoned is noisy.

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Though I've never tried this, I heard eating a little before you smoke will help rid you of your munchies. Good Luck. [​IMG]

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

just a drink might help... or prepare a meal before you smoke maybe?

or just stop smoking if you dont like them that much!

4. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

eating before might make the munchies have less of an effect, but I don't think you will ever get rid of them. You just have to keep in mind that hunger is psychological, and just not give into it. Its not that hard. Just drink a cup of tea or something when you feel hungry.

5. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

well eating before never rid me of the munchies. And if I ate before and then gave into the munchies I'd normally end up sick. Me I try for health reasons to sip tea or lemonade or if I really wanna splurg a Pepsi Slurpy. Nothing like stumbling into the 7-11 and being heckled by the stoner behind the counter for being high. The 7-11 down the street from me used to pay their rent from my business alone.

6. socialmachine

socialmachine Member

hmm i never get the munchies when i get high, i just drink loads of water for my cotten mouth

7. ericf

ericf Member

Okay,

It is really psychological and I am going to share my big secret. Although, this might weaken its power. ;)

If I don't want the munchies then I start reminding myself that different types of weed do different things. I am sure that everyone has seen this -- some types of weed make you hungry, some make you giggly, some make you thoughtful, etc. So this is based on some part truth. Even if that truth is also psychological. So, I start repeating in my head "It is too bad this weed isn't munchie weed... munchies would be really fun." or "I am glad this weed isn't munchie weed because that means it is the kind that makes everything hilarious." Anything you want. Just repeat a bunch of times that it won't make you hungry. This really works best right before you smoke and not after you have started.

Then when you are high, you will barely notice the munchies if they come at all. I have found a lot of weeds affects can be "programmed" before by doing this.

It is very hard to change an experience once it has started though. Anyone who knows how hard it can be to pull out of a panic/paranoia understands this. You can do it but it isn't easy and you might not have the willpower. It is the same thing with the munchies. You can fight them but it is hard once you are high.

I have done this everytime I just didn't want to eat. There was only once where I really got the munchies that I couldn't control. And I was starving beforehand. It works great in reverse... saying that weed is munchie weed will make you ravenous. It is funny because you can pull all these "types" of weed out of the same bag if you don't smoke it all in one day. Your mind will know it is bullcrap but it really does work.

:eek:

8. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I just wish I had more money too buy all the food I want too eat. I Have this incredible metabolism that seems to just make my food dissapear like an incinerator. I can eat 10 meals a day for weeks and literally gain like 3 pounds if im lucky. This has caused problems for me now though, as I naturally consume at least 5 full meals a day with snacks in between, though sadly It is up to me to buy my own food nowadays and that is too expensive a habit for me to support. I mean, other habits need there own individual attention too...

Maybe I'll get lucky and score another Job this week...:rolleyes:

9. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I never really get the munchies unless I start eating something, then I can't stop. But usually I don't get cravings that much.

I also have an extremely fast metabolism, unless I eat a large amount of food in a short period of time, I never feel full. If I do, I'm ready to eat again in like 25 minutes..

10. bertrose

bertrose Member

I think munchies depends on the strain. I have been smoking the same strain for some time now...and I never had the munchies...just some crazy cotton mouth where it felt like i couldn't breath....

peace

11. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

Well, it's just that when I have the munchies, I can eat A LOT of something without even realizing how much I've eaten. I went through 3 boxes of Cheez-Its in just one session. That all has led me to gain around 25 pounds over the past 3 or 4 months since I started smoking.

12. Velouria

Velouria Member

I get the munchies BAD. Lucky for me, I have a super fast metabolism. But I still hate the sick feeling I after I come down and realize I've eaten an entire king size chocolate bar.