Sick Music Videos Featuring Children

Discussion in 'Music' started by The Walking Dickhead, Mar 17, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I thought cool musics videos at first, but I was looking for another word, then I thought sick and bang there it was; the edgiest forum thread title in the world.

I don't want to come across like a pervert or anything, I was just having a YouTube party and a search algorithm threw this M83 video at me.

Little children with TK powers, and a nice song from M83 the french DJ too. I gave up on M83 after I didn't hear any good new choons from him following the 2007 album "Saturdays = Youth" which had a few nice dream pop/nu-gaze tracks on it.

The video made me think of some earlier music videos that used children in them in nice ways that were a bit arty and meaningful, and maybe a bit controversial too as some of them portray sexuality, you can judge for yourself. Beautiful and harmless, but still there.

Other cool music videos with children in them. This one parallels with Midnight Sun.

Glosoli by Sigur Ros (which means glowing sun I think) is a really powerful video, but what does it mean? I think it's a metaphor for lucid dreaming and astral projection, see the end of the video for more elucidation on what I think I mean. Beautiful Icelandic landscapes and children.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Walking Dickhead

This one reminds me a bit of Sparkle Motion from the film Donnie Darko. Sits uncomfortably, and is a good track by a great band who really do the modern alt-pop scene justice with their decadent brand of contemporary psychedelia, more their early stuff though? Time To Pretend is a real classic, best song on an album where every other song is also really good.

This one is really arty. Haven't heard of them since this album in the late noughties. I think they are a fashion company based in London (and probably Berlin) and they decided to make an album, I'm glad they did. A bit grey perhaps, judge for yourself.

What other pop videos are there with children in them?

Do you like pop music videos?

I like pop music.

Pop music is just alternative music before the rest of the world heard it.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

4. The Walking Dickhead

Thanks guerilla. I suppose that's the ultimate sick music video featuring children lol give us yer money

I suppose this fits in here too.

The new Arcade Fire video, especially the scenes with the rockets taking off, and the children in the foreground sitting on some strange world watching the rockets taking off.

5. fundoo

fundoo Members

Now I've got that first one stuck in my head. Someone used to play it over and over. Ok, well, I didn't mind it, but now it is stuck just from a quick play and pause. I recognized the video and had to be sure. Yeah, I never really quite understood what it meant though. Hmm, but artistic, sure.

I believe you had an Arcade Fire song on this thread (I read this yesterday, but didn't have time to post). Well, I thought I was going insane seeing this around other places. Must be a new song out or something? Iso it a UK BAND? (Haven't done my Wikipedia check yet lol) Cuz I had never heard of em except via that crowd. And well I have never heard the music, nor will I start today, but I might someday and I might like it. Idk. Well, thanks for annoying me with Midnight City! Ha! J/k well... ok, could be worse things. Much worse things! And no, that is not a challenge. Lol

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

Yes, the new Arcade Fire video is in the above post lol. Arcade Fire are a Canadian band.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Bound to the floor by local h. Can't link it right now.

8. fundoo

fundoo Members

Ah, thanks! (No more likes) oh, canada/UK same thing. Lmao!

I've never seen bound to the floor video! Then again, I never saw a lot of videos being without cable at home growing up.

9. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i love sigur ros

10. The Imaginary Being

just had a baby in it... kind of strange. cant think of many more off the top of my head

11. The Walking Dickhead

It's alright. Kind of freaky. Don't think I'd buy the album.

12. The Imaginary Being

its a pretty good album. it's not really what id suggest to people in a broad way

maybe people who electronic music perhaps.

but either way, it was simply a music video with a child in. in my defence i'm not familiar with many music videos
    i'd actually never seen the sigur ros one until this evening and they are one of my favourite groups. seen them 3 times (last year on the eve of the brexit vote was the more recent time)

remember it vividly because people were so frantic around bristol habour side yet the music was so serene

13. The Imaginary Being

fits the song quite well

14. The Walking Dickhead

I like electronic music, industrial, all the varieties of synth wave and all that.

15. The Imaginary Being

that's good to know. in that case, i would have recommended it, and you would have not liked it.

what are we doing?

16. The Walking Dickhead

I have no idea what that means.

17. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nine Months After The Last Post......???....Why On Earth Did You Choose To Dig This One

Out Of Mother Earth....????:angry:

Cheers Glen.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  19. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Almost 9 months later GG...

20. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

It's that time again GG
    Cheers matey