Shrooms vs. your diet

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by LuciferSam, Jun 4, 2004.

1. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Nothing's set in stone, but I think I may be trying shrooms anytime soon for the first time. I was wondering, are there any sort of guidelines regarding what one should/shouldn't eat when getting ready to trip? I've heard you shouldn't eat much.

2. some say if you dont eat anything or very lightyly the day of your trip and that will make for a stronger trip and less nausea.

3. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

Hi. I will be tripping in about 4 hours, and just ate 3 slices of bread and jam. I find it's always better to have something light to eat some hours before the trip, in such a way as not to be full or hungry. I never eat during the trip, but I always have a meal after it (usually 6 h. after ingesting the shrooms).

4. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I've fasted for a day and I've pigged out and topped it with mushroom tea.

The only difference I ever noticed was that onset was MUCH quicker with an empty stomach.

5. mmelody

mmelody Member

I suffer incredible nausea with shrooms,,,I found the best way to combat it is to eat something light like toast about 2 hours before you trip. Plenty of fluid in the day leading up to consumption helps too.
    As for it affecting the intensity of the trip...just takes a little longer with a full stomach.

6. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

Shroom tea is the way to go. It's sooo much milder on your stomach than actually eating the things...

7. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

we always have a empty tum - more reliable less nausea