Shrooms.. TOO strong?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by kil0, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

Okay, some of you remember my post last week about shrooming, and how intense it was. It was even more intense than acid!

This is the thing. I've only done shrooms 3 times. the 1st time, they were bunk, $25 down the drain. The second time, I bought another $25 half-eighth, but my friend even told me they were weak shrooms. But it was 4th of July, and I was bored so I bought them anyways. They took like 2 fucking hours to kick in, and lasted about 2 hours. But it was a fun, managable trip, and I was still conscious basically.

Now last week. HOLY SHIT. I tripped from 9PM to about midnight, and tripped so hard I lost all grip of reality, it was bad. I didnt necessarily have a bad trip, it was just WAY TOO INTENSE, WAY TOO STRONG. I didnt get to enjoy it was much because of how strong these shrooms were.

Now Im facing a dilemma. I dont know if I wanna shroom again... that shit was too crazy, an hour into that crazy ass trip, I already regretted it. Because I had absolutely no idea these shrooms were that strong. So yeah, now Im kinda scared to shroom again, I always thought acid was stronger than shrooms, but last week's trip disproved that hypothesis.

2. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

I should laugh at you. Sounds like your afraid of exploring yourself. BTW there is no such thing as tripping too hard

3. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Magic mushrooms are definitley not recreational in my opinion. They can be in low doses, but the line between mild goofy trip to full blown falling into yourself eternally trip is a very blurry line.
    I've had the same fear of mushrooms since my seizure dreamy thinking I was dead or floating around in thought bubbles trip last year, but since have accepted the unknowable and feel ready to go deeper someday.
    Mushrooms proves that we know next to nothing about life, and that God is one weird force. It just keeps getting stranger. And I know how you must feel, theres just no words to put on that experience, either youve been there or you havent even scratched the surface.

4. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I promise you, yes there is such a thing.

5. Funkateer

Believe me relayer I have gotten to that point in my early days. However now even in the throws of my weirdest trips I love every second. When I finally had the ability to try DMT it told me not to worry during my trips anymore. If your worrying the inside has something to bring out.

6. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

theres nothing wrong with feeling fear.

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Oh man no I understand what your saying. That kind of trip to a mature mind should not be viewed in a negative light.
    But Im talking about my experience where my body was overcome with a feeling of being poisoned, and I fell into convulsions and seizures for nearly 2-3 hours. After waking up I was convinced that I was living on repeat and couldnt break out of being directly controlled, which was pure insanity at its finest.
    There was much to learn that I have yet to understand from that experience, but it was definitley too much. I broke into a side of nature that I was not yet ready to accept.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

if anything i've found the opposite, that mushrooms are generally weaker than most people i know regard them, at least when i take them. for me a good dose is 3g dry weight of cubes, minimum. more often 4-5g is ideal. with wet weight i usually stick to 30-35g to be on the safe side.

but dude, a 25 dollar half-eighth? your stats say you live in fucking florida. how is someone going to charge you 50 bucks an eighth for something that they get for free which grows wild all over the fucking place? rip off.

my suggestion: if you're interested in mushrooms, get some spores and follow the "pf tek for simple minds" for an inexpensive and easy means of safely, discretely acquiring mushrooms without going to fields or paying a dealer. this wont be enough production for anything beyond personal use, but it will definitely get you some good, CONSISTANT mushrooms. consistancy is key in knowing your dose. homegrown shrooms on a brown rice flour substrate will be weaker than, say, dung grown mushrooms from a field. sometimes much weaker, i understand.

if you want to explore mushrooms, you can do so affordably by growing your own. start off with low dosages (2g or 2.5g dried is a good bet). also, i suggest making tea with them, mixed with something strong flavored like earl grey and honey. this will allow them to come on mushr faster but with much less stomach upset. on an empty stomach, tea can hit you in about 10 minutes. i suggest making your tea dilute, then sipping it, on an empty stomach, over the course of half an hour or more. drink half of it in one go, then just sip gently for a while. if it starts hitting you and its feeling to strong, then you can just leave it at that and freeze the remainder, to thaw out another time you wish to take the rest (drink it cold once thawed - heating could seriously damage potency)

if you find 2g or 2.5g is enough without being too much, thats a good dose for you to take the next couple times. if its not as far as you want to go, try going to 3 or 3.5

9. Funkateer

While you were seizing did you see things inside of your head? The directly controlled part is weird as fuck. When it happened to me I could see myself from the ceiling and I was twisting and contorting on the ground. Every single movement I made wasnt mine but it fit like a puzzle piece. However I had not made the decision to move...

Anything like that?

10. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Exactly like that.
    And when I had the seizures, half the time I saw flashing kalaidescope visions, and the other half was like waking dream visions where the pain would briefly let up and I was exposed to some truly beyond words states.

11. Funkateer

did you see the apocalypse
    where people turn against people and chaos breaks into the streets?

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Lol nah, I saw existence come to a screeching halt, reverse, and then burst back into position again. When it got back to the point of the current reality, I thought to myself "wow talk about a funny loop" and thats when I felt like I was being controlled. The strangest part is that it really felt like I had experienced our universe go back billions of years and then happen in fast forward again. I thought my brain was going to melt lol

13. nesta

nesta Banned

i highly anticipate trying psilohuasca sometime.

hell, i highly anticipate just plain mushrooms sometime.

neither will be fore a long while.

14. Funkateer

I guess we went down different rabbit holes
    I was taken back through the journey of human conciousness. From the jungles to the endpoint it was breathtaking.

15. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

What Funkateer said, you cannot be too high or trip too hard. You just have to let it do its thing. Buy the ticket, take the ride.(HST)

16. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

You don't sound built for psychs, my friend.
    Why did you always think acid was stronger?! Because it's active in tiny amounts?
    Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from DMT.
    :cheers2:

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

you are taking a piece of you and putting it in you and its digested by you and sent to you to be converted to you which will then interact with you to show you, you

theres no room for fear there, my friend :)

but definetely take a break if you had a very intense trip, or if you really want to explore psilocybin some more just take 1/2 of what you took last time (assuming same batch).

18. strat

strat Member

This thread makes me want to grow shrooms even more than I already did. Just gotta get that manure and buy some spores and I'm all set.

Once when I was extremely high, I felt as if I was being shot inside my head. I got stuck in a room of shrooms inside my head, not like the classic house room but like a box in my head containing the word "shrooms", 2D graphics of shrooms and actual mushroom pictures. There was probably more but those were the main things I remember from that short episode. After a little bit I got out and was able to just go with the music again. That night I learned a lot. That was on cannabis, I usually get strong visuals when partaking. I think I could benifit from mushrooms.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think there is a song by: Heart called *Never*. But I dont think it has anything to do with shrooms, but my point is..
    Shrooms to strong.. NEVER.. :p

20. Funkateer

^ End of story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.