Shrooms and anxiety disorder

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Crazy_klown25, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Crazy_klown25

Crazy_klown25 Member

Hey all! I have an axiety disorder and i would like to know if taking shrooms would be safe...Cauz i really wanna try them but i kinda fear the effects...

Thanx for helping

2. erowid

erowid Member

I'm pretty sure Ive got an anxiety disorder, just never diagnosed, and all shrooms did to me is made me think I was dead and reflect on my own life for 3 hours, most significant experience of my life and wouldn't have traded it for anything. That might not be what your gearin for though. It's all about what u frame the experience around, do them somewhere comfortable yet where there is still some got oppurtunity for both rational and irrational activity.

if your scared about strength just take a dime

3. goldmund

goldmund Member

MAPS is currently conducting the first FDA approved use of psilocybin on human subjects in over 30 years in this are. Here is the abstract:

Psilocybin in the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Investigator: Francisco Moreno, MD
    University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
    Sponsor: Heffter/MAPS
    This is the first FDA-approved study in more than 25 years to examine the use of psilocybin in a patient population. The principal investigators plan to study the use of psilocybin in 10 patients suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). They want to determine if they can replicate in a clinical study several published case reports of patients whose OCD symptoms were reduced after self- experimentation with psilocybin mushrooms. MAPS has paid $12,250 for the synthesis of one gram of psilocybin. Analytical data on this psilocybin has been submitted to FDA in March, 2001, with approval obtained from the FDA on May 9, 2001. DEA licenses received July 2, 2001. First patient was treated on November 27, 2001; eight subjects have been treated thus far, in a total of 29 sessions. Preliminary analyses have been performed, and the data has been presented at the Society of Biological Psychiatry, The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit, and the International Transpersonal Association (ITA) Annual Meetings. Current news on this study, Study Protocol, Informed Consent Form

4. x1x1x1

x1x1x1 Member

For me a small dose of cubies helped me find ways inside myself to relax, kinda hard to describe. They sorta helped me teach myself how to breathe and watch my breath, this calms my anxiety. I feel better for having done them.
    However, I only do them when I'm in the right headspace and environment and also they are different for each individual.
    Dreaming while awake is a good way of describing the experience.
    Happy lucid safe shrooming
    Impludo

5. someguy142

someguy142 Member

i have like 6 forms of anxiety disorder ....shrooms are noit a good idea...i took them when i was just begining to develope anxious behavior and i had a not so fn trip...it was kinda cool nowe that i think of all the stuff i saw but it made me freak out and i probly wont be doing them again soon...it makes your anxiety much worse when you are on them and it makes your overall sober anxiety level much higher than it used to be

6. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I had(had being key word) a pretty bad anxiety disorder and I think shrooms actually helped it a lot by seeing anxiety and the cause of it under a new light. If you've never tripped before though, make sure that you are in a very comfortable setting where you feel very little to no anxiety then as you become familiar with a trip slowly intigrate into using them in more public places.

7. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

i wouldn't worry about tripping with anxiety. you won't be especially anxious when you trip. it might even help you. worst case, tripping will aggrevate your anxiety a bit. but then you'll just learn how to control it, seeing how it is all in your mind....