Shrooms and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by hahaha04, Oct 19, 2010.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Hey Everyone

Just a quick question; Are there any significant disadvantages to drinking small quantities of alcohol while tripping on mushrooms?

Ok, so I am planning to eat around 1/8th of some pretty good mushrooms with a few friends later on this week. While im with them i will probably be having a few beers here and there as time progresses. Im wondering if alcohol would take away from the effects of the mushrooms? I am not planning on binge drinking and getting wasted from alcohol, just some nice relaxed, social drinking. Im asking this question because throughout my various experiences with psychedelics, i have never drank while tripping.

From the little research i have found by just googling this question, the basic answer from people is that it is NOT dangerous to drink while on mushrooms. However many people say 'Why would you bother?'. That leads me to believe that drinking may take away from the effects?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wouldn't do it. I've only done booze and weed and fuck that. Doesn't sit with me well at all. So from these experiences I wouldn't do it.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ive only drank on an acid peak and as a fairly psychedelic purist or whatever I do feel it took away from the experience in some intangible manner. You will still trip but it does feel slightly different. I have drank alcohol on the comedown of shrooms and that's what I would recommend doing if you plan on drinking. Not because that's how I did it but it just makes sense to relax after a decent trip if you aren't planning to get all reflective post trip.

4. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

i wouldnt... maybe after the peak but it seems like it would just muddy the effects

5. hahaha04

Yeah, that is what i was thinking, when i am starting to comedown, i may have a drink. normally after around 4-6 hours the peak has come and gone and i begin to comedown for about another 2 hours. Of course i realize that this is different depending on the potency of the mushrooms.

i definitely feel you with the purist sentiment. Every time i have ever ingested a psychedelic, whether it be 5-Meo-DMT, DPT, acid, mushrooms, salvia, i have not mixed it with any other substance with the following exceptions;

With Acid, and mushies, and salvia, i have smoked buds at various different points throughout the trip. Sometimes though, especially with lucy, i feel as though smoking buds sometimes brings me back down from a higher place in my mental spectrum. it kind of brings me back into the non-acid world. Also a few trips ago with lucy, my friends and i, upon the comedown of the acid, popped and snorted about 30-90mgs each of roxi's (oxycodone instant release pills.)

Also ANOTHER question. I honestly dont recall what the exact process or whatever is called, or i would attempt to search for it here on the forums, but how does one attempt to potentiate mushrooms. Does drinking orange juice do something? I have a faint recollection of someone mentioning that to me in the past.

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

7. hahaha04

Ahhhhhhhh, Mr. Writer, thank you. this is exactly what i was talking about.

About the Orange Juice thing, i was on the site shroomery, i believe it was called, and was mislead by a thread on there. ahah.

thank you.

8. evilreign

evilreign Member

My friend claimed it was the best thing ever to drink on mushrooms.
    Two beers later I had a bad stomach ache. My friends a straight up idiot by the way, and it's usually a good idea to do the exact opposite of what he suggests.

But yeah basically I don't see the point, I think all it really will do is give you a stomach ache and possibly ruin a good shroom trip, but I don't think it will kill you so if you're set on it then why not? Post back and let us know how it went.

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i remember a lot of my friends saying how much beer they could drink on acid or mushrooms, but i never saw the point. i'm a purist too i guess (except weed)

10. wafflez

wafflez Member

Booze and shrooms go so well together. But that's just my opinion.
    Booze relaxes you, weed enhances the shroom trip. As long as everything is done in moderation though. If you're planning to eat a lot a lot of shrooms... i probably wouldn't suggest mixing. But if it's about 2 grams or so, go for it. :p
    Also OJ doesn't do much... tried it, didn't work.

11. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I once had a vodka bucket (4-5 shots) and about an hour later took a whole lot of mushrooms, and while it was a great trip in certain aspects, I had no sense of inhibition and everything was even more confusing than usual. I wouldn't recommend drinking and tripping, but different strokes and all that. I'll not drink again myself, either before or while tripping.

12. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Dude, I've done this a few times and you'll be just fine. You'll have a good trip and the beer will probably just makje you more relaxed about the trip.

Also, gotta wash those shrooms down with something, why the fuck not beer?

Sam says: Do it.

13. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Beer would taste horrible on shrooms.

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You think so? I think good beer might taste amazing. It does on acid at least, but acid has different effects on the senses than shrooms. never drank alcohol on shrooms.

15. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

It'll taste fine. ;)

16. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

Personally I understand the "purist" stance; I do love experiencing psyches as they really are, complete and unhindered; that being said however, I must admit I LOVE drinking through a whole acid trip...with mush though I find 3-4 beers prior to dropping helps dramatically with the anxious feelings of the comeup (which I find much more prominent with mush than LSD)...then I usually enjoy the mushrooms through the peak, once that breaks I like to take a few bong rips. For myself, weed on a mush trip gets WEIRD post/during the peak; after the peak though I like to smoke a bit and wind down getting pretty lit on some beers, many will flame at that but hey to each his own right? Give it a shot and see for yourself, won't kill you (long as you don't drink assloads, which would without the mushrooms haha). I agree with the muddying the experience though, drinking on a mushroom peak for me almost makes the trip "half ass" or "sloppy" itself...its different for sure.

17. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

wth? u serious? being drunk and high is the best drug feeling behind rolling imo. (well behind rolling and high too)

and i have had a beer while shrooming, and it was FABULOUS. wish i was able to have more than just one at the time. but never drank while tripping. i would probably find it very cool. the only problem i would have with it would probably drinking too much, and overthinking the use of alcohol cuz i think i abuse it and im more conscious of the health problems now with it, and it might throw off my trip depending on who i'm with and such

18. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Scotch is also good with 2c-i :p

19. tastyscrumptious

tastyscrumptious Member

shrooms and alchohal mixed amazing for me, i still tripped nicely and the booze just relaxed me and calmed me down.. accually made me enjoy my trip even more.

20. aliendreamtime

aliendreamtime Member

I've tripped an 1/8 with a couple beers, they were delicious and the trip was fine. I've also eaten 5 grams after a long night of binge drinkig, I dont recommend anything like that.