Should we care about the church's views on gay rights?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Hippie_Gabi_584, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hippie_Gabi_584

Hippie_Gabi_584 Member

Should we really? I don't think so. First off, the church broke away from the government therefore should not have a say in what the government decides about gay rights. According to the bible, everyone has been made in God's image and is accepted by God either way. So your telling me God can forgive a bunch of murderers and prostitutes but can't forgive a gay fellow? What a bunch of contradictory bullshit. Gay rights should be granted globally. I believe in equality and freedom of expression. Anyone else feel the same?

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Of course! But I would, because I am normal.

3. Hippie_Gabi_584

Hippie_Gabi_584 Member

thanks for the support

4. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I do agree with you. However, your argument against the Church is a bit of a straw man, I think. First, however erroneously, the Church considers being gay a choice: therefore it falls under free will and not our nature as we were created by God. As far as forgiving murderers and rapists, they are only considered to be forgiven if their repentance is genuine; if a gay person were to genuinely repent for their 'choice' to be gay and stop practising it, I assume they would be forgiven too. That's my understanding of the doctrine.

5. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

tons of people feel the same way. and yes gay rights should be granted globally. sad that gays have to be "granted" the rights in the first place. they should already be there. but the problem is the people. the church doesn't vote for stupid propositions like prop 8, its the people. advocates are concerned about the churchs cuz that's where all the stupidity and ignorance comes from...

On what Zorba said, yeah thats basically right. they don't forgive gays cuz gays never change undergoing the church's transformation crap. they'd only forgive them once the person is 'transformed back to straight'.

6. ItsAndrewBet

ItsAndrewBet Member

You should worry because the church has influence on the people.
    When my mom used to force me to go they said that God love that person just not their life style (just like druggies)....

And as it was mentioned they believe people are gay by choice...

One more thing, is that I find it funny that churches say they love people unconditionally, except if their gay...

7. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

:toetap05:

8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If you are a Believer, then what the Church says should matter to you.

If you aren't, their beliefs are none of your business.
    Their actions may be your business, but not the beliefs that (might have) motivated those acts.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

homo-sex has been promoted as population control through propaganda . the church promotes abstinence . neither is very sophisticated in respect to life . the issue is procreation and
    the human psyche . issue!.. issue! ... excuse me while i sneeze .

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Hah, I sounded like a homophobe there. My bad, I was actually agreeing with you (to the last question you asked!)

I would have to agree, anyways.

11. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Your question should really be...."Should we really care about the church and what they think...with all their twisted fuckin views on what's right and what's wrong???

12. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

If we did not crucify our brothers and sisters we would not now be gambling for their robes. Shall we cast our ballots?

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmmm, see when you lot sit here and talk like this we have to sit here and calculate context

What are you even talking about with "gay'

They are only gay if they say it out loud gay, or guy with wife and three kids who sneeks around one of his mates every second sat for mutual tug gay?

"Should we care about the church's views on gay rights?" Yeah, cos none of "them" say one thing in public and do something completely different in private :rolleyes:

14. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

The real question is should we really trust the government to decide what ANY of our rights are?