Should tattoos match your hair color?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by RandomOne, Jan 31, 2009.

1. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

I have red hair and I'm thinking that red tattoos would look pretty hot on me, and black would look kinda dirty. I think black tattoos look great on people with black hair though.

Do you think it matters? Should the color of the tattoo coordinate well with your clothing style and hair?

2. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

no because hair colour changes and tattoos can fade over time, eventually after fading and/or dying, the tattoo will clash anyways.

imo.

3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I think tattoos should match the person, not just the hair color. Its more about how the tattoo compliments the persons personal style and personality rather than just the hair color.

With red hair, the only thing I might worry about is a lot of green, lest you end up looking like a christmas tree.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

they should only match your hair color if you're getting it on your head

5. torilynne52290

torilynne52290 Member

just my opinion here not trying to sound rude or anything like that but you shouldnt be getting tattoos to "coordinate well with your clothing style and hair" you should get them cuz there is a story behind them or its something that you really want or even at the least something you liked at that time

6. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

torilynne,

I have to disagree. I think that aesthetic value is a perfectly good reason to get a tattoo. As long as it is well thought out, I don't think there is a bad motivation to get a tattoo.

Many people place great significance on their tattoos, which is great. However, others, myself included, view tattoos merely as ink under our skin that makes us happy.

Cheers

7. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

I agree with the above poster that said they should match your personality. Keep in mind that black goes with everything and red doesn't. I do think that red hair and red tats would be sexy, though. It's different.

Right now my hair is black and I have 2 black stars on my chest. However, I'm a colorful person and am always changing my hair from one color to the next so I plan on going back and getting 2 larger stars diagonally above the smaller ones in multiple colors. Bright colors, stars and coordinating is who I am. But if you only want red tats to match your hair color alone what if you go bald or dye your hair another color?

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

No, fuck that! Go with what you like, not what matches your hair or eye color. But, if that's what you like then awesome. But really, most red heads with tats have tats other colors than red and black!

9. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

lol!

Hair colour changes, tattoos don't.

what a question..

10. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

Actually, a red head with red tattooes sounds awesome. As long as the red tattoo isn't a lame heart, star, or flower.