Should men get a say in abortion

Discussion in 'Protest' started by wiggy, May 29, 2007.

1. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Or should it be the womans choice?

Say for example a couple had been together for years, they got pregnant, she wanted a abortion he wanted to keep the baby. Should he get a say as its 1/2 his or should it be up to the woman because its her body

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i think the man should voice his opinions, and things should be discussed in length, but its ultimately up to the woman to decide. also, i think the man should support the woman in her decision, whatever it may be, as it is a very tough thing to have to decide. emotions are on high.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Yar, whart the lad said...

4. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

i was with a girl for 3 months and she got pregnant, that same month the she got pregnant her ex raped her while she was passed out fgrom a night of drinking, they have one kid together and he was supposed to be babysitting. one more week and she's due and then i'll know if i'm a dad. but i kinda wish she had gotten an abortion, i don't like that she's playing russian roulette with my life

5. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

A Say - yes
    but the decision must remain with the one in whose body the life asking to come in feeds from.

6. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Yes if they're in a relationship then they should both have equal say. If its a one-night stand then it can kinda go either way I guess.. I guess thats up to the woman.

I DON'T think however that men should be allowed to protest abortion.

7. Kaid

Kaid Member

I absolutely believe that men should have a legal right when it comes to abortion. I think it is disgusting that a women can up a kill a baby that was created by both of them on a whim. If he wants to raise the kid why kill it? I don't think men should be able to force an abortion either. To me reproductive rights over your body should be thought of before sex for both men and women. If you take a risk and sex is a risk of pregnacy then you should be mature enough to deal with the consequences including carring a baby to term.

8. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Kaid thank fuck you said that.
    If you have sex your risking pregnancy, if you get pregnant then the female might want a abortion but why the fuck should it be up to her to decide. yes its her thats going through the pregancy, birth, emotinional stuff ect but why cant the man raise the baby?

9. Riggs

Riggs Banned

..because most (not all men) want to playhouse, but don't want to make the bed after.
    OR
    They don't mind at all to make the baby, but taking care of it will mess up any plans that mean more to them than the child does.

I agree why can't a man raise the baby if the woman doesn't want it, but 9 times out of 10, the woman wants it and the man is looking for ways to get out of it.

10. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

YES! thats rigth! Riggs you are a beaut!

Thats the truth, many men even say they want the kid and get married and all, and they leave the house while the baby is one month old or 3, or after 6 months, cause they dont want to change their life for the kid, they want to still be hanging around with friends every weekends, and to have same kind of fun, and not be awaken at night and change pampers and all that go with a baby, and they dont want to pay the extra billls that comes with it!
    They say "thats a woman thing, it aint my job to do so" and hopla! drive free of charge and say proudly "i am daddy" often to get more chicks around..
    but they dont do a thing.
    1 good, 9 bads.
    Thats the deal all women have to face.

Thats why God is a woman, i dont see why he will want to looks like so many jerks do.
    So, thats the prove sine qua non, htat God is a woman.
    Beside, we are the alone 2 greate Beings in the universe that are able to create life, but never told anybody the secret.
    If that doenst prove it, then nothing can.

11. Riggs

Riggs Banned

You see this kind of shit on tv here all the time. Even after the guy takes the test to see if the baby is his, or if he is cheating, he still says the test is wrong. Wishful thinking on his part. Wouldn't you say, love?

12. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

Yes, I have tried that one many times, where i was late on my period and really thougth I was pregnant, call the guy, whom i was with since years, to tell him, and fisrt thing he says was "who is the father?" ! damn it made me mad!

have it been face to face i will have killed him!

I have since tried that, as a test, if the guy say soemthing like that, i just drop him on the spot! The guy is nto to be trusted with such an attitude, and i dont want to hang around with a half human with this kind of mentality.
    So instead to bare with you and help you out, he just digg yourself a grave to push you into!
    Nice bf!
    The smell of love have me to faint.. or was it shit??
    If they cant love their own baby enough to show him/her the respect to acknowledge fatherhood, they dont deserve to be born themselve, and even less my love or care.
    On that one i am a no way back straw.
    He says the wrong answer, and thats out.
    A very good test of soemone character.

13. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You two should have your own radio show.

14. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I DEFINITELY think that the man should have a huge say in the decision and should be able to voice his opinions and contribute to the decision-making process. Sure, the woman would be carrying it and delivering it (if kept), but the man helped in creating it JUST AS MUCH as the woman did, so the man deserves the right to help make the decision. Ultimately I guess it's, by default, up to the woman, but I think the man should be able to help make the decision, yes.

15. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

agreed
    the guy has a right to give input. but its ultimately up to the woman - its her body, her womb, her 9 months of pregnancy, her going through birth... not him

16. Riggs

Riggs Banned

LOL Well, it would be better than Howard Stern.

17. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

Definitly.lol!

18. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

id have to disagree. :jester:

19. spooner

spooner is done.

If the man wants an abortion, and the woman doesn't, then all child-support should be optional.

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Nope.. don't agree with that, Spooner. Sorry but people should talk beforehand. I do agree that if a woman says "I'll have an abortion if I get pregnant" then the man shouldn't have to pay child support but honestly, if they are gonna talk like that, they'd most likely talk before and use effective birth control...

Anyways, it's ultimately the women's choice... THAT SAID....

Anyone I (and yes, I'm now talking about me personally) have sex with, is someone that I love.... anyone that I love and sleep with knows that if I were to get pregnant I won't have an abortion- just how it is. I'm open to discourse about the subject and I don't feel it's one person's choice but there are things I won't do.

I guess if a guy really wanted that I wouldn't expect him to be a father and therefore I wouldnt ask for money but I like to talk about those things beforehand so it's not an issue.