Should I?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by sunnysenny1, May 29, 2007.

1. sunnysenny1

sunnysenny1 Member

Someday, I'll do drugs. No doubts about that. But when?

I am 16, and have been a goodie-goodie, straight A, boring person all my life. Most of my friends do pot, but they strongly discourage it, and I'm yet to understand why. I'm sort of scared, but anxious. What do you think?

2. branflakes

branflakes Member

Don't do 'em until you actually WANT to. But don't think you have to do them either.

3. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

I say you smoke pot with your friends during summer and see how you like it. Pot is very mild compared to other drugs and harms your body very little. I recommend you don't try any other drug though.

4. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

Where do you live? I'm 16 in CO too, and have just entered the "drug subculture" recently. I live in Berthoud, which is in between longmont and loveland, and if you don't know them its in between denver and fort collins. I have some mild things that would be good for a first time if you're interested and can't get them yourself, like salvia plain leaf and kava and shit like that. let me know it you're interested. Edit: I was also a straight A person until 8th grade, when I first burned some california poppy a friend picked in a field. nothings ever been the same. but I still get straight A's, and I'm going into summer between soph and junior. so don't let that worry you too bad..

5. sunnysenny1

sunnysenny1 Member

Hey, I live in the Denver Metro area, in Englewood. I'll probably be able to get stuff from my friends, so that's not really a problem. Thank you!

6. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

If you've never done drugs before in your life, then you should know about the "bad trip". While most people will tell you they've always enjoyed a good high, there is such a thing as trip that feels more like a horror movie. Bad trips can be anything from a mild uneasiness to blown out terror. Some people get paranoid while on drugs (even on something as harmless as pot) that someone's out to kill them. Sometimes the experience has a demonic twist to it (you know how everyone claims the experience is spiritually uplifting? Well, it works the other way around too). And remember, once you toke up, there's no going back. The stuff's in your system and it will stay in your system until your body cleans itself out.

I don't mean to discourage you from trying it out. In fact, I encourage you. I think everyone shoud go through the kinds of experiences psychedelics give you - all experiences. If you have a bad trip, it will be scary, but you'll survive, and you will have learnt from it. I just wish someone warned me about it before I tried pot for the first time... it would have saved me a whole lot of questioning my own sanity and spiritual safety.

7. kar33m

kar33m Member

imo you shouldnt start before a couple of years . i started pot at your age and it had aweful consequences on me.

like some1 already said somewfhere on these boards. "make sure you have a good understanding and grasp of reality before you start altering it"

8. VolcomStoner420

VolcomStoner420 Member

You guys are making me feel like I have made some really bad choices.

9. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

If you really want to try drugs, then try them. Don't try them because you want to break out of the "good kid" stereotype or whatever, and don't try them to prove your friends wrong. If you're really up for trying them, do it, but don't try them merely to "prove" something.

If you're going to try drugs, you should read up on them first. Don't go into it blindly.

I was and am in your spot, so I can see where you're coming from. I've been your typical goody-goody all my life, and I've just gotten into drugs, but I did a lot of hefty research first. It's worked out just fine for me.

Just be aware of all of the risks and don't try drugs simply to prove something or to say you did. Try them because you really want to.

Good luck.

10. Stiney

Stiney Member

Thats probably the best piece of advice I've ever read anywhere on these forums. Listen to this guy sunnysenny.

11. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

Most people who smoke pot for the first time say that they didnt feel anything. When that happens most people just get turned off by the idea of smoking pot. Weed isnt something you have to do extensive research on. Just smoke it.

12. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Think of exploring drugs for the first time like going to a new planet. You never know what kind of life you'll find, but you can be assured that some will be fascinating and beautiful while others will be terrifying and dangerous. Always be cautious.