Should I Take If I Have Anxiety?

Discussion in 'DMT' started by maryjaneguitargurl, Jun 1, 2016.

1. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I'm at a point in my life where I want to open my mind and learn more about myself and my surrroundings. I've never taken a psychedelic before because I'm scared of the effects. I have a fear of death and I'm scared my anxiety would cause a bad trip. I want badly to try dmt! Help!

1 person likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

First think about set and setting... then if you are still anxious... don't do it!

Simple as that... enlightenment comes in the funniest and strangest ways... amazingly enough drugs aren't involved most of the time :)

1 person likes this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Anxiety aside, I wouldn't recommend DMT as an introduction to psychedelics. The peak duration is under 10 mins, it's extremely intense and really doesn't allow for the same sort of self examination as things such as Magic Mushrooms, LSD, and Mescaline, However It definitely can deliver some of the best visuals of any mind altering substance. I think that without a reference point of "milder" longer lasting psychedelics, it might be fairly difficult for most to integrate the DMT trip, to find ways to learn from such an abstract trip.

As far as your anxiety is concerned, it can really go either way. Psychedelics may help you overcome some facets of your anxiety or they may amplify them, it can even be both during a trip. Focusing on having a good mindset and comfortable setting are some things you can do to optimize the likelihood you have a worthwhile experience though.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Thank you GuerrilaBedlam for chiming in here... I really don't know enough about DMT. But I do have general knowledge of psychedelics from LSD in the '60s.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I concur.

6. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

DMT can cause a wave of anxiety when you blast off. Once the ego is shattered... you're in.

Anxiety is typically a fear of whats to come. Its closest neighbor in the emotion world is Excitement. The main difference being there is fear associated with anxiety and pleasure with excitement. I'm inclined to believe that with a positive mindset and a good setting, its unlikely you will have a bad experience. Allow anxiety to shift to excitement instead of trying to turn it off

DMT is the truth. If you are good with that, its good with you.