Should I get a tattoo on my foot?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Twix1991, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Twix1991

Twix1991 Member

I’ve been thinking about getting a tattoo on my foot. I’ve been experimenting with temporary henna tattoos, but I want a permanent one. I'm thinking about putting it somewhere on my right foot, but can decided if I should put it on my big toe or on the top of my foot. Any suggestions?

2. prismatism

prismatism loves you

ooh. that's gonna hurt. but you should do it anyway. just know you're gonna have to either be barefoot (and not walking in dirt or anything that could get the tattoo infected) for a while, or wear thick socks or do something to keep it from getting all screwed up or hurting like hell.

3. Twix1991

Twix1991 Member

Thanks for the advice. I’m pretty eager to get one, but the pain worries me. I have some time off work coming soon, so that will be a good time in which I can go barefoot and not be forced to wear shoes for a few weeks. Thanks again.

4. 420everyday

420everyday Member

My wife got a butterfly on the top of her foot with no problems. She wore sandels on her days off from work. When she worked she wore sneakers ,for atleast 9 hrs. a day, and had no problems. Ink stayed in very well. It looks like a real butterfly.

5. I have a star tattoo on my left big toe- have had it for 3+ years now. It didn't hurt all that bad and still looks great!

6. happy_kel

happy_kel thug life.

toe/feet tats are really unique and hot!
    def do it either one i think would look good

7. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

is going to be an "L" or an "R"?

8. Twix1991

Twix1991 Member

I'm new to the tattoo thing, so I'm not sure what you mean.

9. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I think you should decide for yourself, not based off what some net people say
    that said, there is some info suggesting that foot tats fade faster than others :)

10. Twix1991

Twix1991 Member

Thanks for the advice:)

11. ydnim

ydnim hiya

lol. you might want to go with the l and r.

12. Twix1991

Twix1991 Member

Well, I’ve been embarrassed to admit it, but the reason I started this thread was because I’m getting a starburst tattoo on my butt on Thursday, and I needed help deciding if I should get one on my foot too. I’ve decided to get a starburst (maybe an ichthys) on my right foot. I’m very nervous about this, so if anyone has any information on what to expect, it would help a lot. Thanks again for all your nice comments.