Should I cut my hair?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by ClutterOfStars, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ClutterOfStars

ClutterOfStars Member

I've been growing out my hair for the past few years and a little over a year ago I dyed the underneath black. I've been growing it out since then and my hairstylist said it would be 6 months or more until I would have it all gone. I was thinking about just cutting it shoulder-length or a little above so that I would have all the black gone-plus I haven't had short hair in a while. I made the appointment for it but I'm afraid it won't look good. Any suggestions?

This is how it looks now.

[​IMG]

2. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I like it the way it is too, but if you're eager to get all the black out, then a shorter haircut might be nice for the summer.... :)

4. cheech & chong

cheech & chong Member

Why not just get more hair dye and dye it to its natural color? It worked for me

5. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i love it the way it is ^_^

6. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

you would be very cute with a pixie!!! or a jaw length beveled cut

7. AdornA

AdornA Member

Your hair looks beautiful the way it is but i think shoulder length cut will look good to. There are many sallons that provide software for choosing your hairstyle. I think you can go to a saloon that offers these facilities.

8. iluvmorocco

iluvmorocco Member

You don't have to! It perfectly fits the shape of your face...[​IMG] Well, cut it if you're feeling uncomfortable with it, but if style is your only concern, no need.

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I know of women who wear updos until they grow out the color.
    I cannot say IF you should cut it, because I'm an ultra long hair snob, but if the color is your only reason, let it grow and do maintenance trims to slowly knock off the artificial color.

10. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

keep it like it is

11. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Yeah for ultra hair snobs! Long hair is the onliest way to go.
    A hive for the buzzing bees, beautiful beautiful Hair!
    Peace... Farmout :)

12. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Get a femme-mullet! Classy ;)

13. Barabajagal1967

Barabajagal1967 Member

noooo keep it!!!

14. usfcat

usfcat CaterCreeps

My hair was almost 2 feet long and I cut about a foot off last November. I kind of regret it. I miss my hair. But it was very damaged so I guess it was for the best and I'll grow it back out. Your hair looks healthy from that picture so I'd keep it!

15. *A*T*W*A*

*A*T*W*A* Member

be careful.... You May Regret It.... When you Do It... Cut Some Off 1st time And then See How You Like It..... If you Dont Then It Wont Take So Long to grow It Back.... I Keep Growing My Hair Realy Long..... And once I Got messed Up On Acid And took A Pair Of Sissors To My Hair..... I Was Soooo Embarassed I Didnt Come Home For 3 Days.... I Had to Get it Fixed...... Then Just Last Year My Sis-n-law Is A Hair dresser.... I got messed up And Went To See Her And Asked For A Hair Trim And i Think She know I Was silly In the Skull......... And I Kept Saying Jeannie Stop....She Cut My Hair Sooooooo Short.... It Was cut to The Middle of My Earlobes And I got in My Car And Cryed.... And i cryed for Weeks.... I Will Never Ask Her to Cut My Hair...... Its sholder lenght now.... And im Growing it Back.........

16. WVHippie

WVHippie Member

i havent had a hair cut in 2 years, but i dont know if u would consider going to the hospital and them chopping a part of it off counts, then it would only be a year.

17. simran

simran Banned